IGNORED

Developers Vote on Favorite Console

An independent tools developer named SN Systems, recently held a survey for developers to answer the question, "What Console is the most fun to play?" The survey itself wasn't just for this generation of consoles, but for any console of any generation.

Sony PlayStation 2 blasted the competition receiving almost 1/4 of the vote (23 percent) from industry professionals claiming that they have enjoyed playing the PS2 more than any other console in history. In the perspective of just this generation, it beat out Xbox and GameCube by some pretty heft numbers (see below).

Interestingly, a blast from the past took second place. The Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) tallied up 19% of the vote, also beating out its distant successor, GameCube. Although Nintendo easily had the most game systems on the list, they came in last when comparing this generation alone.

Surprisingly, the original Nintendo Entertainment System was no where to be found on the list, even being beaten out by the Lynx, which got 1% of the vote. Perhaps the industry leaders are getting younger?

PlayStation2 - 23%

SNES - 19%

Xbox - 16%

GameCube - 12%

Dreamcast - 8%

Genesis - 7%

N64 - 7%

PSone - 5%

GBA - 3%

Lynx- 1%

Source http://www.phuck-ign.com/

Well this, just like any other console argument is just a personal opinion that proves nothing. I think it all comes down to buying and playing the games you like and not caring what everybody else says.

Besides the 2600 is way better then any of those systems listed :P

The Gaming Industry is in a sad state of affairs. In todays age of polished graphics and Surround sound... a lot of developers forgot to make their games fun. Whoops.

I could make a convincing argument that the SNES is the best system of all time. Whatever your personal choice is, it should definately not be one of the current consoles.... they can be included once their life-span is over. There are too many titles in development to decide which is best at this point.

Also, I am seriously unimpressed with many of the developers these days.... so their opinions mean about jack-shit to me. Not to say there isn't any good games out there, but the truth is I probably wouldn't even own a modern console if it wasn't for super realistic looking games like NASCAR Thunder or Tiger Wood Golf.

An independent tools developer named SN Systems,

SN while independent, is very much associated with Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

They did the original PlayStation dev tools for SCEI and currently produce the PS2 "Tool" based DVD emulator system sold currently by SCEI.

Jerry