IGNORED

IntellivisionDude and The Ghost of Christmas Presents Past (Pictures)

• 4 weeks later...

What is interesting about your pictures from a child is...compare to today. It seems no one really gets many pics printed. We are guilty if that. I have so many lost pics on old phones and computers and digital cameras of my kids ill never get back.

I think i will get a 35mm camera.

What is interesting about your pictures from a child is...compare to today. It seems no one really gets many pics printed. We are guilty if that. I have so many lost pics on old phones and computers and digital cameras of my kids ill never get back.

I think i will get a 35mm camera.

You can still get pics printed with digital. Most places you can go and accept SD cards and maybe other similar cards.

The contrast to this is that from back then, I have maybe a few hundred pictures of myself - for my entire first 25 years. Today, I take a few hundred pictures in a weekend.

There are so many events from my childhood that I don't have pictures of. Angles of houses we've lived in that I can never see again. Faces of friends I'll never be able to view. Because there never were pictures of these things to begin with.

Even if I lost 95% of my digital photo collection (which I'd have to be pretty damned negligent to do), I'd still have better coverage of the past 5 years than my first 25. I look at my nephews' pics and they will be able to re-construct every single Christmas, figure out exactly when they got what present. Me? I'm lucky if I can catch a corner of a box in a picture and make a wild guess as to what it is.