IGNORED

Deus Ex

moycon

Picked this up at BB for 9.99. What a deal!!

Anyone else have this game?

This description was taken off the net:

The story is fairly linear like that of a shooter, but the path to the end is pretty flexible. Along the way you will have people to interact with and plenty of secondary objectives, the way to handle them will affect how you play the game. This flexibility is the greatest feature of Deus Ex, in just about any given situation you will have more than a few ways to play it out. An example of this would be a locked door with two sentries and an automated gun turret that are blocking your path. If you approach a security camera will spot you and alert them as well. You may or may not have the key to the door. Depending on your playing style and how you developed your character, you could:

Grab some armor and charge at them guns a blazin'. Then use your key on the door.

Find a nearby computer terminal to hack into, deactivate the security camera and reprogram the turret to attack the sentries, then unlock the door.

Take the guards out with a sniper rifle, sneak through a blind spot to avoid the camera and pick the lock on the door.

Try to find a way to get up onto the roof and enter the building through a ventilation duct.

This degree of flexibility allows you to play the game the way you want to play it. Whether you want to be like a cautious hacker, a stealthy ninja, or a marine with a death wish, Deus Ex will let you do it.

Man I can't stop playing it. The story line is awesome and you can upgrade and customize your character (I love that) My two favorite tactics aren't to kill anyone. Early on when the enemies don't have much armor. I'd spray them in the face with pepper spray and then knock em in the back of the head with a baton. Either that or shoot em with a tranq dart...They run around for awhile but evey few secords double over and grunt...eventually they pass out. Wild, Wacky fun!!! If you see this title, snatch it up.

I got it for the PC, great fukin game. After playing it the first time straight through, i had to give it another round after i beat it once. Its been awhile since i played..i think im gunna start a new game later tonight :)

Don't forget. In the begining you are supposed to keep casulties low. Spray em in the face with pepper spray, hit em with the baton....not the crowbar or you'll kill them. Or zap em twice with the cattle prod. That'll take em out.

I'm suprised how long the game lasts. I've been playing everyday since before I went to Calli and I'm still not done. The only thing I wish was different? That there wern't so many things laying around that serve NO purpose but CAN be interacted with. Trash Bags, Trash Cans,Cardboard Boxes..You can bust em open...They NEVER contain anything. (Atho to be fair in a couple places you can use them to jump over walls.) Pots, Pans, Pillows, Chairs, Couches, Plants, Vases, Etc etc... All of these can be picked up, or destroyed...But wouldn't it be great if there were things hidden underneath them every now and again? At least that would give you an excuse TO move them. Stuff like Wine,Cigs and Beer. Whats the point? Cigs take away life if you smoke em, Wine/Beer makes your vision blurry.

Still what an awesome game, Kinda easy tho.

I want to get thru it all and then start over and try different stuff...Like killing everybody I come across, good or bad. :twisted:

Trying out some of the cheats.

Trying to get thru the game NOT killing anyone.

Did I mention...WHAT A GREAT GAME!!

I beat the game today. I joined the machine at the end. (I'll go back and try the other options later. The ending was somewhat under welming IMO, still what a great ride getting there. Of course I waited around for the credits so I could see ALs name. anyone else notice that all the women in that game, whether they're a nurse or a bum or a hooker....They all have HUGE knockers!!?? I wonder if Al was responsible for programing the boobs??

I'm almost to the end of the game. I must admit that it has been taking away from my study time... (stayed up til 4:00 AM working on a speech for 8:30 AM because I screwed around with Deus Ex til about 11:00... boy, are my eyes bloodshot :D ) I think I'm going to go through all of the different endings just to see what happens.