IGNORED

Question for you guys about "Bently Bear's Crystal Quest"

PacManPlus

Hello Bob. ?

I'd rather wait and pay more for pokey version...I think just about everyone here would pay the extra 10+ dollars and its absolutely worth it....patience is the key with Bently Bear and personally, I'd wait and pay the dough.....

This is the most anticipated 7800 game ever and it should be released complete, the way its intended in my opinion.

?

Edited by Stun Runner 87
  • Like 3

I say do the Hokey/Pokey version, and give us all the sound. That's what Crystal Quest is all about.

You put the Pokey in, you take the Tia out, or put the Hokey in, (whenever it comes out).

You do the Hokey/Pokey version, to give us all the sound, cuz that's what it's all about!

Edited by Jay Silverheels
  • Like 5

Wow.

Ok - Pokey only it is. :)

I need to clarify something with regard to the autodetect TIA or Pokey. It isn't that CPUWIZ's board can't handle it, because it can. The different banks of the game mostly hold the graphics and music for each level. This means I would have to almost *Double* the game size to convert all of the music to TIA sound... Which BTW would mostly only be 1 channel while the other is used for sound effects. Not worth it to me - I'd rather silence and sound effects only (which is what I did for the TIA version).

So - I'll continue looking for Pokeys for myself and Al, until Batari has his Hokey finished. I 'PMed' the ebay seller that Shawn Sr. linked to. :)

Thanks guys -

Bob

• Like 5

Maybe setup a pokey send in program, where we can send in a pokey chip to be used on the cart we are buying, instead of you trying to find a whole bunch of them?

Even if you say, hey gang buy from this seller and have them ship it to me directly would be ok with me.

How about a slight discount if people who can send in multiple chips so you can have stock to work from?

Humm I have to wonder if someone would be able to pay for their entire game with just pokey chips? Ha ha.

I am all for the community that really likes your games to participate to help you out if possible.

Just my opinion of course.

Edited by imstarryeyed
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, but I don't think that will work for me, as I've given Al the rights to put the game in the store first. I'm looking for Pokeys both for myself and possibly for Al so the game can come out sooner. I was just trying to give another option so the game isn't delayed (it's been done for over a year and it's only the Pokey that's holding it back).

I'm just afraid people will grow tired of it and / or forget about it.

Thanks again guys,

Bob

Bob, I assure you nobody is going to forget about this title! I'm glad you are going with the Pokey version - it will be worth the extra money for sure.

Thank you for continuing to blow us away with your 7800 programming prowess!

Best regards,

Scott

Edited by tremoloman2006