IGNORED

Amiibo!

Unbeliever

Pacman was everywhere for a couple weeks, but is now disappearing, much like Toad was available for a time period. Weird that Wario is nowhere to be found. I preordered Pacman and Wario from Amiami. I regretted overpaying for the Pacman but was relieved when Wario turned up nowhere. I still prefer the classic W scheme over Biker. Come on MP series. Also Daisy and Waluigi would be awesome!

Got lucky with a Silver Mario the other week at Gamestop. He hangs on a pushpin Sealed-in-box on my wall next to the Gold. Everything else in my collection is unboxed, although I did keep the card from my Japanese Rosetta & Chiko.

Right now I'm looking forward to Dr Mario, Zero Suit, and the 8-bit Mario. Get the Japanese ROB, any region G&W and Duck Hunt Duo if I'm lucky. And the Yarn Yoshi 3-pack. Splatoon and AC series I literally have zero interest.

After that, I'll be done, unless more characters come out that tickle my fancy.

And I"m almost 100% sure something will come out to make you open up your wallet again. ;)

• 2 months later...

I just got lucky with my random store visits. Picked up Zero Suit Samus, 8-bit mario, Ganondorf, and Bowser Jr. I thought those were going to be released later this month but both Toys R Us and Ebgames had them stocked. A pikman was there as well but didn't pick it up yet. Miiight go back tomorrow.

I got lucky with pixel Mario. I strolled into Gamestop at 1:30pm. No pixel Marios instock except the one an employee lady reserved for herself. She checked the stock inventory and informed me two were left at the Bossier mall. I drove to the mall (Bossier is across the river from Shreveport but the trip was worth it). Got there and the guy tells me he has one left in stock. I see a lady in front of me checking out with Amiibo and Mario Maker in tow. She got the second-to-last so one left for me, yay! :grin:

I'm short on cash atm so I'll likely wait and pick up Mario Maker for Christmas but very exited about this game none-the-less.

Zero Suit and Bowser Jr I ordered from Japan well over a month ago. Zero Suit Smexy arrived but the seller who sold me Bowser Jr claimed customs sent it back three weeks later and had to reship. Crosses fingers... :ponder:

I also imported the three Yarn Yoshis at a premium. They arrived safely and are super cute. I unboxed them before giving them to my mom for safekeeping to use as stocking stuffers for Christmas... :party:

Yeah I noticed at both stores here their pixel mario was the most limited in stock. Don't know if that's because everyone was buying one or if they just got a limited quantity in.

Yeah, and in the US, the "Modern Color" variant only being bundled with the Wii-U, and no game + Amiibo Mario Maker bundles, is a travesty. I noticed most of the modern color variants on eBay in US packaging are from Canada. The cheapest I have seen was $44 in Japanese packaging and $59 for US. Some stupid high BINs currently. The bidding frenzies are a bit nutty as well.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

If I get a "modern color" one, it will remain sealed and added to my wall next to the gold and silver. Anyone else notice the retail packaging is much slimmer on the anniversary Mario Amiibo?

Edited by stardust4ever

You can see why I wanted the elusive "Modern Color" Amiibo to match my homemade 3D Mario dice sprite sculpture.

If you're still in the market for an SMB Mario Modern Color Amiibo, CheapAssGamer just tweeted a few minutes ago about Play-Asia.com having Japan-region ones in stock for $20 (+ shipping). Maybe you can snag one if you see this in time?

onmode-ky

If you're still in the market for an SMB Mario Modern Color Amiibo, CheapAssGamer just tweeted a few minutes ago about Play-Asia.com having Japan-region ones in stock for $20 (+ shipping). Maybe you can snag one if you see this in time?

onmode-ky

Tempting, and it's still up ten hours later...

NintendoLife just announced that the modern color variant is available for preorder in the UK. Has it been confirmed as a non-bundle in the US? Canada got them standalone, so who knows... I may want to get North American packaging to keep it sealed and hang it on the wall beside my gold and silver Marios (the rest of my Amiibo are unboxed). Does the "modern color" Amiibo give you modern colors with the biggie shroom in Mario Maker?

Haven't seen them standalone around me but then it's just as likely they all got bought up before I saw them. The classic color is good enough for me though so I'm not too worried over it.

On the other hand, I picked up a Dr. Mario the other day as well at Walmart. They had them on a high shelf on the opposite side of the aisle where they keep their normal selection so I almost missed it.