IGNORED

A Boy and His Blob for the GBA?!?!

*My apologies if this has been mentioned before*

I was surprised when they updated the NES version of The 3 Stooges for the GBA, and now I hear they're coming out with A Boy and His Blob for it, too? I'm not saying I hate these games, but when were they ever top candidates for GBA ports? They need to start putting more genuine classics from the NES in updated form on the GBA. Where's Double Dragon (you knew I'd say that)? I would prefer an arcade perfect port, of course. I even wouldn't mind seeing a Bad Dudes port, either (I'm not as hateful as I used to be towards this game anymore). The game's not a classic but has some playability for awhile.

Anyways, I just might have to check out ABAHB, maybe as a rental. I've been working on the NES version the last few days (not as horrible as I first thought, h*ll, I used to really want it for the system as a little kid).

I want a TMNT (I, II, III) collection, as well as Mission: Impossible on the GBA.

And finally, we NEED Vigilante, dangit!

Damn... what a weird choice. I mean, ABOHB wasn't a bad game, but I didn't think it was popular enough to warrant a remake. Especially when games like Wasteland, Dungeon Master, and so on go mostly unnoticed.

--Zero

I agree with updating Star Tropics. I bought that game new back in the day, and played the h*ll outta it.

Damn... what a weird choice. I mean, ABOHB wasn't a bad game, but I didn't think it was popular enough to warrant a remake.

Yeah, I wonder what made the game popular enough for such a decision to be made? Maybe David Crane's name?

I'd perssonally like brand new games for the GBA, not more ports of games I already own...but I digress.

I think a compilation cart with all the really old sports game would be a kick (Baseball, 10-Yard Fight, Volleyball, Excitebike etc.)

Or Baseball Stars. I want a new Baseball Stars.

I think a compilation cart with all the really old sports game would be a kick (Baseball, 10-Yard Fight, Volleyball, Excitebike etc.)

you need an ereader, they have already released Excitebike and Baseball, and the most expensive games are five bucks :)

Hell, next thing you know, we'll get a re-make of "Tom Sawyer". GOD I HATED THAT GAME!!!!!!! ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!! WHY DO YOU MAKE A VIDEO GAME OUT OF A BOOK?!?!?!?!?! AND NOT HAVE ANYTHING FROM THE BOOK IN THERE AT ALL?!?!?!?!? ARRRRRGGGGGHHH!!!!! THERE IS NO GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...ok, done ranting.

you need an ereader, they have already released Excitebike and Baseball, and the most expensive games are five bucks :)

...after you pay $70 for the e-reader... at least, that's what they sell them for around here. So, if I bought Excitebike, and both Donkey Kong games, then I'm spending an average of $28 per game. I can get whole GBA games for cheaper than that, and I don't have to swipe cards to get them.

As for continuous remakes... Keep this in mind: If you stop buying the remakes, they'll stop making them. Let me repeat: If you stop buying the remakes, they'll stop making them. So all of you who bought the Super Mario Advance games, or Legend of Zelda are just making things worse, and opening the door for more remakes that will see Nintendo profit millions from a weekend of work.

--Zero

well, i dont buy too many games in general, but if a company is going to be jerks about emulation and the availibility of ROMS, they should at least make a commercial version of their games available. I do wish Nintendo would make a GameCube compilation of old games, rather than release them one at a time on the GBA.

The EReader is forty dolllars US (includes one game), so its not that bad of a deal IMO (plus if you play animal crossing, its a great add on), and the other projects for the ereader like Mario Party E look to be pretty cool.

Well, if you don't like remakes, don't buy them. If someone hasn't played the original game before, why should your buying habits bully others into not buying the same games you've already played and are not interested in replaying? A newness of a game doesn't always equal quality anymore than how long ago an old game was made. If all we have on our systems are just new games, what will there be for those who don't enjoy what you enjoy?

As for continuous remakes... Keep this in mind: If you stop buying the remakes, they'll stop making them. Let me repeat: If you stop buying the remakes, they'll stop making them. So all of you who bought the Super Mario Advance games, or Legend of Zelda are just making things worse, and opening the door for more remakes that will see Nintendo profit millions from a weekend of work.

--Zero

Rain on my parade all you like Zero, but when I have a chance to pop one of the all-time greatest platforming games like Super Mario World 2 into my GBA and take it on the go versus lugging around an SNES console, power supply, cart and controller, WHICH do you think I'm gonna take?

I actually prefer to see things the opposite way - if I keep buying remakes, Nintendo will keep making MORE of them, which is exactly what I want. Now if they'll put out X1, X2, X3 for the GBA, I'll be in pure heaven. :love:

Great... looks like I'll have to wade through piles of rehashed games that I already have for quite some time :P Thanks a lot everyone.

Anyways, back to A Boy And His Blob... is this expected to be a straight port from the NES? Can we expect better graphics? More jellybeans? Anything? As weird as it was, I always thought it was fairly nifty (even if I sucked at the game)

--Zero