IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2015 (Season 8)

Did not get as much game time in as I would have liked, but they were all quality titles. The new TI-99 release 'Minesweeper' is very well done, and the BETA for Alex Kidd is mind-blowing in F18A mode.

We have some brilliant programmers in the TI community...

Edited by Opry99er
  • Like 3

My times for the week:

NES:
The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles - 9 min.
Jaguar:
Hover Strike - 713 min.
Beat Hover Strike on Normal, and made it most of the way through Hard. Unfortunately I'm low on secondary weapons for these last few missions, so it'll be tricky to finish this one off.
  • Like 4

With the weather starting to get colder and not much in the way of real life obligations to attend to, this week brought with it not only the first frost but also our household's biggest week for gaming since we started participating in the tracker! :)

PwYRH0w.jpg

Inteligible

Tetris Worlds (Game Boy Advance) - 29 minutes

Arcade

Arkanoid - 82 minutes

Centipede - 21 minutes

Dig Dug - 15 minutes

Dig Dug (played on Namco Museum for Game Boy Advance) - 12 minutes

Donkey Kong - 27 minutes

Donkey Kong Junior - 9 minutes

Frogger - 33 minutes

Galaga - 10 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man - 84 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man (played on Namco Museum for Game Boy Advance) - 42 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man (Speed-Up Version) - 7 minutes

Pac-Man - 40 minutes

Scramble - 6 minutes

Space Invaders - 25 minutes

Space Panic - 2 minutes

Super Breakout - 224 minutes

The End - 5 minutes

Xevious - 20 minutes

1942 - 58 minutes

Atari 2600

Asteroids - 46 minutes

Breakout - 14 minutes

Brik (played on Stella for Nintendo Wii) - 5 minutes

Frogger - 22 minutes

Joust - 40 minutes

Kung-Fu Master - 27 minutes

Lady Bug (played on Stella for Nintendo Wii) - 16 minutes

Millipede - 49 minutes

Mouse Trap - 37 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man - 36 minutes

Pac-Man - 10 minutes

River Raid - 14 minutes

Super Breakout - 86 minutes

Titan Axe (played on Stella for Nintendo Wii) - 12 minutes

Game Boy

Double Dragon - 34 minutes

Operation C - 42 minutes

Pipe Dream - 15 minutes

Space Invaders - 12 minutes

Super Mario Land - 81 minutes

Game Boy Color

Frogger - 22 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man: Special Color Edition - 21 minutes

1942 - 71 minutes

NES

Double Dribble - 69 minutes

Duck Hunt - 28 minutes

Freedom Force - 46 minutes

Hogan's Alley - 33 minutes

Mechanized Attack - 39 minutes

Metroid - 296 minutes

Operation Wolf - 24 minutes

Pinball Quest - 26 minutes

Super Mario Bros. - 58 minutes

Xevious (played on Classic NES Series: Xevious for Game Boy Advance) - 21 minutes

Total Play Time This Week

2,103 minutes (35 hours 3 minutes)

Individual System Play Times This Week

Arcade: 722 minutes

NES: 640 minutes

Atari 2600: 414 minutes

Game Boy: 184 minutes

Game Boy Color: 114 minutes

Game Boy Advance: 29 minutes

Whew! What a week! As you can see from the enormous list of games above, the bulk of this household's playtime was a few minutes here and a few minutes there spread a across a large variety of games on our multicade and several different 8-bit systems; but there were some big standouts that ended up consuming a lot more of our gaming time than the rest. Brick breaking games were a big hit around here this past week, with the misses and I both logging some pretty substantial chunks of time in the arcade versions of Super Breakout and Arkanoid as well as the Atari 2600 port of Super Breakout. We ended up having a little high score competition in the arcade version of Super Breakout, taking turns playing each game mode and seeing who could get the highest score, and while my wife still holds the top scores in the Progressive and Cavity modes (with scores of 363 and 575 respectively) I did manage to snag the top spot in Double mode with a score of 607. We both had so much with it that we're currently looking into adding a Ultimarc SpinTrak spinner to the newly revised control panel of our multicade that should be here in a few weeks, to use in place of the trackball (which still works surprisingly well) for Super Breakout and Arkanoid. :)

Other big games of the week were the arcade version of Ms. Pac-Man, which I played about as much as usual, and Metroid on the NES which my wife is continuing to play through. I did take some free time earlier this weekend to do play throughs of all my favorite NES Zapper games as well, and ended up actually beating Mechanized Attack and Freedom Force in the process! I still need to beat Operation Wolf at some point, but it might be a while until my trigger finger is up to that task. :lol: In other shooting news, I've been really enjoying my recently acquired copy of 1942 for the Game Boy Color. The household multicade got me hooked on the arcade version of 1942 so I decided to pick up a handheld version to play on the go, and I've been really pleased with the accuracy of the GBC port (aside from the slightly grating music). The somewhat reduced difficulty level has allowed me to get through about 2/3 of the 32 levels so far, and the password save system has made it really nice for playing in short bursts here and there. I'm sure that with a little practice I'll be able to beat it before too long, but I'm just having fun playing it so I'm in no rush on that.

Anyway, that's all the gaming news that's fit to print for this week!

Edited by Jin
  • Like 4

Here's the summary for Week 42, running from October 12 - 18. We logged 7918 minutes of eligible playtime, playing a jaw-dropping 213 games :-o on a total of 21 systems.

Top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 723

2. Hover Strike (Atari Jaguar) - 713

3. Silent Hunter (PC (DOS)) - 439

4. Metroid (NES/Famicom) - 296

5. Super Breakout (Arcade) - 224

6. Alex Kidd (TI-99/4A) - 220

7. Aperture (TI-99/4A) - 180

8. Ys II (NEC PC-9801) - 179

9. Crystal Warriors (Game Gear) - 170

10. Mario Bros. (Atari 7800) - 161

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 723

2. Super Breakout (Arcade) - 224

3. Alex Kidd (TI-99/4A) - 220

4. Aperture (TI-99/4A) - 180

5. Mario Bros. (Atari 7800) - 161

6. Ms. Pac-Man (Arcade) - 126

7. Tutankham (Atari 2600) - 103

8. Super Breakout (Atari 2600) - 86

9. Minesweeper (TI-99/4A) - 76

10. Tunnels of Doom: Quest of the King (TI-99/4A) - 75

Top 10 systems:

1. NEC PC-9801 (1732)

2. Atari 2600 (1421)

3. Atari Jaguar (803)

4. Arcade (722)

5. TI-99/4A (711)

6. NES/Famicom (659)

7. PC (DOS) (589)

8. Game Boy (184)

9. Game Gear (170)

10. Atari 7800 (161)

It's become customary to have record-breaking weeks around here, and Week 42 is no exception. With almost 8000 minutes played, it easily takes #4 in the all-time list.

But what's more astonishing is the sheer number of games this week, with 213 different titles -- far exceeding any previous week of which I'm aware.

Kaboom may have taken a hit down to #4 last week, but it comes roaring back, edging out Hover Strike to take the #1 spot by a slim margin of 10 minutes.

Kaboom also takes the gold medal on the pre-NES charts, but doesn't close the deal for the Atari VCS this time: remarkably, the NEC PC-9801 is the week's #1 system despite having only one game in the top 10. (In fact, it would've been #1 even without that game!)

Finally, the 1000-minute club expands to include a real energy drainer, as Metroid on the NES gets jersey #176 with 1203 minutes logged to date.

• Like 6

Arcade:

Asteroids - 11 min.

Centipede - 20 min.

Out Run - 7 min.

Space Firebird - 2 min.

Super Missile Attack - 2 min.

Famicom:

Super Mario Bros 1 - 3 min.

Tengen Tetris - 2 min.

Yesterday, I visited a retro gaming event which to 80% concentrates on arcade and pinball games, only a small number of vendors selling stuff. With more than 30 arcade games ranging from the late 1970's to early 2000's and close to 20 newer pinball games all set to free play, there was quite a lot to choose from. However with a lot of visitors waiting to play, you needed a lot of confidence to hog a machine for a long period of time, which is why I centered around some of those with least play time.

My purchases from the market were limited to three loose Famicom games and a RGB amplifier for PC Engine. After a bit of cleaning, I got all three cartridges to boot, and spent some time browsing through one 190-in-1 multicart that actually contains about 80-90 unique games and then trained versions to fill out rest of the cartridge.

• Like 4

VCS:

GORF (28 minutes)

TI-99/4A:

Micro Pinball (180 minutes)

Aperture (65 minutes)

Bouncy (20 minutes)

Alex Kidd (30 minutes)

TI Puck (18 minutes)

Minesweeper (25 minutes)

Henhouse (45 minutes)

Story Machine (20 minutes)

Good gaming week, lots of TI time, with some new games for us this week in TI Puck and Bouncy. Over all, a good even week and my TI got a workout, which is great.

• Like 6

Here are my times for this past week (October 19th through 25th). I didn't post last week because I was sick, but I'll roll the times from last week into this one:

Android (non-eligible):

Crossy Road - 16 min.

Atari 2600:

Draconian - 21 min.

Online (non-eligible):

Nonograms - 539 min. in 9 sessions

TI-99:

Dungeon demo - 58 min.

Q*bert - 298 min. in 8 sessions

Road Hunter - 35 min.

Sabre Wulf - 190 min. in 3 sessions

I solved quite a few Nonograms, but finally got enough of it... it's very time-consuming, I need more than an hour to solve a 25x25 nonogram.

On the Atari 2600, I tried Draconian, which is a W.I.P. port of Bosconian. It doesn't fully work yet, for instance you can't shoot the oncoming aliens.

Then I mapped out Rasmus's Dungeon demo which is included in JS99er. That's also where I played Road Hunter and Sabre Wulf, which I managed to complete in the cartridge version. Then I played some hours of Q*Bert, but I reached Level 5, and there it gets difficult making even a single round of it. However, I noticed that on the 1st round of each level (except for Level 1), the snake egg comes down immediately, so you should stay on the top cube and then jump down to the cube where the egg isn't in order to avoid risking a life.

Finally, Crossy Road is an Android app very similar to Frogger, but it's endless... at the end of the river, you don't get to jump into your goal, but there's another edge followed by another road and so on and so on... you only have one life and get a score based on how many rows you advanced. I noticed that this game takes up a whooping 38 MB, and I really don't understand what all this space is needed for, especially given the fact that it's in fact got Minecraft style graphics, so rather blocky.

Edited by Kurt_Woloch
  • Like 4

Atari 2600:

Blackjack - 20 minutes

Picnic - 10 minutes

PC-9801:

AD&D - Heroes of the Lance - 98 minutes

Air Duel - 15 minutes

Alone in the Dark - 21 minutes

Black Rainbow - 15 minutes

Block Quest V - 10 minutes

Dead of the Brain - 80 minutes

Dragon Knight - 20 minutes

Dragon Knight 2 - 20 minutes

Dungeon Buster 2 - 10 minutes

Firearms - 11 minutes

Galaga - 19 minutes

Rusty - 112 minutes

Shikinji - 10 minutes

The Red - 10 minutes

Ys - 102 minues

Ys III - 60 minutes

So yeah... I've spent a bunch of time editing video and I bought a bunch of new albums so I really just grabbed random games and played them without too much attention except for a few games. Something something too lazy to make decisions....

It was pretty boring game-wise as I really didn't pay too much attention to many of the games. Oh well I guess, I've been tired and annoyed at editing stuff so maybe next week will be better.

• Like 4

ATARI 2600:

1) H.E.R.O. - 50 minutes

2) J.Ö.R.G.E.N. - 60 minutes

3) Stay Frosty 2: Stay Frostier - 375 minutes

2600 NEW High Score Club Season 4 Gold Medal Tournament Finals, with my opponent Northcoastgamer (NCG), who is the powerful player.

This week, I practiced the higher levels of Stay Frosty 2 using Level Selector feature, and made my tutorial videos just to study and get better in this game, which requires a lot of patience, practice and coordination. For this tournament, the battle between me and NCG will be very, very hard.

Videos of the week: J.O.R.G.E.N (4,728 points), H.E.R.O. (153,780 points) and Stay Frosty 2 (47,571 points)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39YGoC_aQPs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyiSBf5nc9I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6B_9Rkgxhc

Are you curious to see the final level of Stay Frosty 2? Here is my video tutorial of Level 128, with the presence of Fireboss!

• Like 4

My play was all on the TI-99/4A

Alex Kidd: 20 Minutes

Bouncy: 20 Minutes

Minesweeper: 40 Minutes

Sabre Wulf: 10 Minutes

Jet Set Willy: 30 Minutes

If I added the time my boys spent playing (also TI-99/4A time),

Alex Kidd: 140 Minutes

Bouncy: 110 Minutes

Jet Set Willy: 150 Minutes

Minesweeper: 30 Minutes

Road Hunter: 20 Minutes

Arcturus: 20 Minutes

Flappy Bird: 150 Minutes

The two of them spent a lot of time on the computer this weekend. . .and some more on the weeknights after they finished their homework. . .they really like their retro computer.

• Like 5

All cumulative play time listed on played on a photo.jpg TI-99/4A

This is the most play time I've had in months, but I just had to verify my new chips burned correctly. :grin:

Alex Kidd............................... 25 Minutes

Pinball................................. 20 Minutes

Parsec................................. 11 Minutes

Video Chess............................. 10 Minutes

Moon Patrol............................. 15 Minutes

Pole Position........................... 20 Minutes

Donkey Kong............................. 02 Minutes

Blasto.................................. 05 Minutes

gallery_35324_1072_2879123.gifgallery_35324_1072_1172206.gif

• Like 4

Played quite a bit of my Lovely TI this week :)

TI-99/4A -

Alex Kidd - 10min

Bouncy - 176

Even designed a couple levels for this one :)

Flappy Bird - 2min

Jet Set Willy - 2min

Micro Pinball - 349min

Played for high score comp. Cant quite reach the 150,000 to take first place. I got about 117,000

Minesweeper - 45min

Rasmus Sports - 1min

Road Hunter - 10min

Sabre Wulf - 15min

Scramble - 5min

Titanium - 5min

Picked up a bunch of Win 95/98 games for a quarter a piece and tried 2

Win 95/98 -

Jurrasic Park: Trespasser - 10min

This game is absolutely horrid. 3 buttons to pickup a weapon? Gun get stuck on environment and ripped from your hand? 3 buttons to aim and another to shoot? These controls are such crap that you are gonna be tasty dino snack :evil: but st least the game let's you watch the dino eat you. :lol:

StarCraft - 15min

Picked up a few PS1 titles too and again only tried 2

PlayStation 1 -

Frogger 2: Swampys Revenge - 6min

Turnabout - 120min

Beat the first 50 lvls and forgot to save :P

• Like 5

5200-

Joust- 35min

SMS-

Smash TV- 30min This one sucks played in NTSC, but not bad in PAL and setting controls to 1-forward, 2-lock helps.

Genesis-

Sword Of Vermillion- 1hr 35min Have successfully repaired this cart with a little help from a donor NBA '97

The only games I brought with me to my work apartment were what could fit comfortably on this stand as space is very limited here. So, I went with 360-S, Gamecube, Gen-2, emulator handheld, and my stuff on my laptop.

post-25215-0-99115000-1445830607_thumb.jpg

• Like 3