IGNORED

Any way to lessen this flicker?

pacgreg

I've set my mind on using the first 2 sprites to make my player character in this game not thinking of the consequences.

How bad do you guys think the flicker is and is there a way to lessen it?

I really like how it looks with two colors per line, and the horizontal flying sprite requires it to look even halfway decent, is removing Player1 the only way to fix it?

Superman.bas.bin

Short answer to Is removing player 1 the only way to fix it?. Yes.

Long answer:

I love flicker, but unfortunately in this case it doesn't work well as it causes the big guy to become transparent when the flicker starts.

In the DPC+ basic kernel you could use player 1's missile as a 2nd behind player 0 color, but it has to be a line or a square or a rectangle and will turn player 1's colors when horizontally across from player1, but it won't cause flicker but would turn Superman's cape/shorts green or purple.

The ball can also be a line, square or rectangle and is the color of the Playfield. If you had a red Playfield and don't draw any Playfield the ball would be red. That leaves you with black or only a colored background.

Thanks for the feedback, I guess I have to remake the sprites tp work with one player, might still use the ball to make the chest symbol since most of the playfield is close to the same color, but I think now the capes going to go.

Edited by pacgreg

Is it possible to use playercolors and no_blank_lines together?

Have you checked out the chart?

randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#kernelopchart

Looks like you can only have one multicolored sprite.