IGNORED

Thank you community for all the great new TI99 stuff!

Diecrusher

From a TI user from 30yrs ago who just recently got back into the fold I want to say THANK YOU! to all of you guys that are working on all of these cool new products and carts!

All of your efforts are really appreciated.

I am now having more fun with the TI99 than any of my other computers that I collect and the excitment in this forum makes it really great!

Back when I was a kid all of this would have been a science-fiction dream!!!! :)

Edited by Diecrusher
  • Like 6

Back when I was a kid all of this would have been a science-fiction dream!!!! :)

When I was a kid colour television was science fiction! But yes, when I first decided to put together a TI system again after 30 years (what prompted it I am still not 100% certain) I certainly never expected to have a compact flash card / SIO / 32K memory expansion on a PCB connected to my speech synthesizer, and when I went searching for information on interfacing it with modern dispays I never expected to find a VDP replacement available 30 years later! Or new software! Or all maner of supercarts.

Sure redefines "vintage computing" because it clearly demonstrates that the machines (TI's, and Atari's and Commodore's and Adams and Spectrums and early Apples etc etc etc) will never die as long as there are a few of us to keep them alive...

But in the case of the quirky TI, the computer that gave birth to my lifelong passion for computers, finding such a thriving community of coders and developers is something I never expected and am so very thankful for.

Now I got back into this a couple weeks ago, as you did ...and there were a few others I've noted who have joined the community over the past two months,,,why would that be?? Was there an alien Invasion? Have we all been replaced by TI pod-people?

Coz if so, cool!

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 2

I'd just like to add my thanks to the TI experts on here as well and to the regulars who helped me out. I was re-acquainted with the 99 just over a year ago after a break of 31 years, but what made the whole experience more interesting is when I purchased a PEB when it was at the more affordable price on eBay. Then I added the memory, disk expansion cards, 80/80/80 track mod, HxC, F18A, which I learnt a lot about soldering in the process! I also have the Extended Basic 2.7 cart which is THE cart to have. I have now set myself the challenge of teaching myself TI99 Assembler, so be prepared for a flood of newb Assembler questions!

• Like 3