IGNORED

"Official" ports of games on the Coco

jhd

The Coco received some excellent clones of popular 1980s games, but very few ports that appeared on most 8-bit systems.

As best I can recall, the following titles were "officially" ported to the Coco:

Frogger

Pooyan

Sea Wolf

Shamus

Zaxxon

Dallas Quest

Sands of Egypt

Several of the Infocom games

I'm sure that there were others. Again, I an trying to limit this list to actually licensed games, rather than copies or clones.

The Coco received some excellent clones of popular 1980s games, but very few ports that appeared on most 8-bit systems.

As best I can recall, the following titles were "officially" ported to the Coco:

Frogger

Pooyan

Sea Wolf

Shamus

Zaxxon

Dallas Quest

Sands of Egypt

Several of the Infocom games

I'm sure that there were others. Again, I an trying to limit this list to actually licensed games, rather than copies or clones.

Shamus was released for other systems by Atarisoft, wasn't it? I don't think they did anything for the Color Computer. Sure it isn't a clone?

Is Sea Wolf the same as the old Bally arcade game? I loved that one on the Astrocade.

Rampage and Arkanoid come to mind for the Coco 3 (both excellent) also Predator, Robocop, and Pitfall II

Lets see, Thexder, Super Pitfall and Silpheed are official I believe oh and there is an official Tetris. Soko-ban I think is an official port.

Lucasfilm ported Rescue on Fractalus and Koronis Lift. Epyx did Pitstop II

Sierra did one of the Leisure Suit Larry games and Kings Quest III

Edited by AtariLeaf
  • Like 2

I should have remembered Demon Attack; I actually played that one -- I never did see Dragonfire.

A very similar implementation of Sea Wolf also appeared on the Model III; I never played the original arcade game.

I assumed that Shamus was an original game because that was the name it was released under; it was many years later until I discovered that it was a port.

Edited by jhd
  • Like 1