IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

1 hour ago, adamchevy said:

I’ve never played through the original Final Fantasy on the nes.

I've gotten pretty far, but I don't think I ever beat it.

I've beaten it on the GBA, but they Nerfed that version, you can only play it in "easy" mode.

I still need to beat the NES FFIII.

I've gotten pretty far, but I don't think I ever beat it.
I've beaten it on the GBA, but they Nerfed that version, you can only play it in "easy" mode.
I still need to beat the NES FFIII.

I’m planning on playing FF II, III, and VII after the original on the Nes. I purchased a cart from China to play those on:

ca29c783d64c631dbe5f28bdf12e6e9b.png0cd92ee1487b5d1592c23cfe9dcba2a9.png
  • Like 2

Always on the lookout for the unusual.  I never knew these existed.  Not expensive at all, but I like them. Pardon the amateur frame job.  I’m not crafty. 
These are all from the 1982 Knoxville World Fair Video Expo.  I’d like to get one more to show the obverse side.  To my knowledge I believe this is the entire set. 

7F957CDE-D760-426D-AEFA-2EE538274003.thumb.jpeg.6bf4e7e81f8b3ce4ed5de3bcd625ca09.jpeg

Edited by Atari_Bill
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Atari_Bill said:

Always on the lookout for the unusual.  I never knew these existed.  Not expensive at all, but I like them. Pardon the amateur frame job.  I’m not crafty. 
These are all from the 1982 Knoxville World Fair Video Expo.  I’d like to get one more to show the obverse side.  To my knowledge I believe this is the entire set. 

7F957CDE-D760-426D-AEFA-2EE538274003.thumb.jpeg.6bf4e7e81f8b3ce4ed5de3bcd625ca09.jpeg

Wow. Man, I live near Knoxville, have walked around the site of the Worlds Fair, I'd LOVE to get my hands on a set of those, very, very nice!!!

My pickup today-

Man, I owe @eightbit a lot(tho I've paid him a lot, haha!), along with this stuff, I picked up a boxed Famicom and Super Famicom from him, and some 3D glasses for the SMS, but this really takes the cake.

46 Y/O, just now old enough to be any good at "old games", haha, been exploring them the last 5 years or so, Coleco is one of the very last things left on my list to explore, outside of the incredibly obscure, so I am super excited.

It's RGB modded, tho I won't be using that for a while(I like my old tv...), and the SGM...

Hell, TBH, I still don't really know what that is, but I think it's "Holy Grail" important, and if there's one out there in better shape, box/manual/unit, everything, I'd like to see it, this thing is IMMACULATE!.

Got the Ultimate SD with it as well, which is good-my room is a friggin museum, but somehow I don't have a single Coleco game yet, haha!

The Expansion Module 1 is nice, but I'll likely never use it, too many real 2600's to play, haha!

Also, another "pickup", really a bulk thing, not to be discounted at all-

Me and @masschamber reunited about 25 loose games(mine), to boxes/Manuals(his).

Obviously, I "bought them", and "did it", but still, I appreciate his help in reuniting these, for whoever happens to wind up with them in 50 years or so, lol.

The pic isn't everything I got from him, and I didn't get everything in the pic from him(actually, most of it, tho, from a previous purchase), but it was "one row" this morning, and now it's two! :)

(Anyone need a Missile Command?)

:P

Heck of a day-got the boxes/manuals early this morning, was a fun "project", getting it all sorted, into box protectors and all, and right when I finished, the Coleco came, so now I get to sit down and go after World Records!

(Uhhh..."more" World Records. Already matched a fastest time on Pitstop, I don't really like to waste time...)

coleco.jpg

2600boxes.jpg

• Like 7

11 hours ago, 4300 said:

I'm apparently slacking on spending my stimulus check...

20210322_163722.jpg

Oh awesome, let us know how it is.

I kind of wish they would've copied the SNES layout instead of the Hori one, though...makes Game Boy Player and emus feel a little awkward.

Might be nice for the RE games, stuff like that, though.

• Like 2

Having done an "Apple manual spree" recently it's time to think about what's next.. Turn my attention to online scans and disk images, both adding to and uploading from my existing pile-o-shit? Thought about starting up with Apple ///, again? Had some hardware in the past, traded most of it because I felt it was 2nd rate. Still have a few bits and pieces and 2 consoles. It all fits a large Rubbermaid.

The only reason I would get involved with the /// was because I enjoyed it vicariously through catalogs when I was a kid. No significant hands-on experience with the machine.

So what'yall think?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Asaki said:

Oh awesome, let us know how it is.

I kind of wish they would've copied the SNES layout instead of the Hori one, though...makes Game Boy Player and emus feel a little awkward.

Might be nice for the RE games, stuff like that, though.

It's pretty decent.  The d pad feels a little off.  I swapped out the pad from a SNES controller and it's perfect. 

Bought a second 1050. If those 1027 didn’t self destruct I’d get one since it’s the last piece of my original setup that is missing. I may get a micro print or mpp centronic interface instead and a centronic switch box if I can find one.

Edited by Tuxon86

12 hours ago, Keatah said:

Thought about starting up with Apple ///, again?

The only reason I would get involved with the /// was because I enjoyed it vicariously through catalogs when I was a kid. No significant hands-on experience with the machine.

So what'yall think?

I've spent thousands of hours in front of ][+'s, ][e's, //c's, //gs', and their emulators, but I've never spent a single minute in front of a ///.  I've just never encountered one.

I suppose that's interesting. I would like to see what it could do. I read an article about it once and I remember there was some anecdotes about how it overheated and Apple Corp would occasionally suggest slapping down the computer on a hard surface to reseat the chips.

It also reminds me of the Apple Pippin.  Dreamlike products of Apple that almost don't exist.  I'd love a Pippin, but I have no idea what I'd do with an Apple ///.

For what it's worth, if there were a video or some kind of museum demonstration of how the /// worked and what it could do, I'd enjoy it. 

Ok... Back on topic! ?

Since my console turned out to work, I shelled out for these today.

1190085527_F-alieninvasion.jpg.e27dc46a7757b8b751070ef0f546492d.jpg

And...

F-Bowling.jpg.88cb072d3ac382e05abcddf323b11cbc.jpg

It's not pictured, but the best thing about this cart is the end-label.  It boldly reads:

F  BOWLING

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I picked up one of these today.  This is the PacMan 40th anniversary model, and also includes Galaga, Dig Dug, and a game I've never heard of before called Pac & Pal.  I'd read some somewhat mixed reviews, so I was thinking it might be a waste of money - but I just spent an hour playing the games on it, and I think it's actually really decent!  Sure, I could play the exact same games on my computer with MAME, but there is something very nostalgic about sitting in front of a glossy arcade machine punching big white buttons while seeing the garish graphics around the screen...  All it needs is some cigarette burns on the glossy plastic control panel!

20210323_190923.jpg

• Like 7

1165236043_20210323_193608_HDR4.thumb.jpg.51f94f9014ab53d5c6890570e66de91c.jpg

The Neo Geo MVSX I ordered a couple weeks ago arrived in the mail today and wow is this thing awesome! I've never owned a 3/4 scale arcade machine before and was pretty surprised by how big and heavy it is, and the build quality of the cabinet is really exceptional. It feels much more solid than any of the Arcade1Ups I've played on at game stores, like a real arcade machine, and the fit and finish of everything is lovely. 

The controls on the other hand definitely need replacing :lol: It's like they put all the money into the parts that weren't easily user replaceable (cabinet body, screen, marquee, plexi control panel, etc.) then totally cheaped out on the joystick and buttons. They're not "horrible" or anything and would probably be perfectly serviceable for someone who wasn't familiar with what real arcade controls feel like, but I'll definitely be replacing the buttons with proper Happ buttons outfitted with 20g soft touch microswitches this weekend.

The joysticks aren't nearly as bad as the buttons and could probably be left as is aside from the cheap plasticy feeling bat tops, though I'm still going to replace them with Sanwa JLF sticks with circle gates and 2lb springs next month. The only other area of the cab that needs some attention is the height, since I'm 5'6" and can just barely see the whole screen when standing in front of it. Fortunately Unico is set to release an official 4" riser for the MVSX next month, so I'll definitely be picking one of those up.

All in all it's a pretty wonderful little machine, just plan on upgrading the buttons (and the sticks if you're nitpicky) and probably wanting to add a riser to it if you pick up one for yourself :)

Edited by Skippy B. Coyote
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1