IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

Clock maybe? And that enhancement kit. Should be able to find the roms for $12 and 65c02 for $3-$10 on ebay. But beware of remarked CPUs. Run APPLE //e diagnostics to test the 65c02. And it should run cold.

Or go to reactive micro to get all 4 chips and a sticker for $25 in one go. Less chance of remarked and low quality crap from RM.

Or you can burn your own roms. The files are readily available.

Joystick and paddles, too, but they're stupid expensive on ebay and I don't recommend buying those from there.

1 hour ago, Keatah said:

The CFFA3000 is/was the gold standard for flash-storage on the Apple II. No longer in production, and stupid high prices on ebay. Beginning at $400 and ending around $600-$1000.

Check here for yet another alternative.

https://www.bigmessowires.com/floppy-emu/

I was lucky and got one from the last batch produced. I don't plan on selling it, even for $400. :)

• Like 1

Well, Thanks to @eightbit here, these became mine today.

Was a whim, TBH-I collect in general, have the USA and EU SNES, USA NES, no real "direction" in what I get, saw these, said...well..I gotta.

I dunno why, haha! The darned 2600 and INT HSC's are gonna keep me busy forever, I can't really score on NES well, and I've already played every racing game on SNES that ever existed(exaggeration).

The 3D glasses for the SMS are awesome, I have purist tendencies, but still, "playing" is the priority, I think this is a better setup, we'll see!!!

Collectors collect. Couldn't help it, and am over the Moon tickled!!!

Thanks 8B!!!

fam2.jpg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Rogerpoco said:

Well, Thanks to @eightbit here, these became mine today.

Heh I had one of those "Thanks to @eightbit" purchases as well!

It's downstairs or I'd post a picture but I scored a nice TurboGrafx-16 system with a controller, the back cover and all the hookups PLUS a Turbo Everdrive cart. This pretty much covers the last console I really wanted and the loader solution to go with it. Oh...I didn't even mention that it was also an AV modded system (I somehow missed that in the post). Bonus in my eyes! ?

Edited by ClassicGMR
  • Like 2

So, I finally upgraded my GBA's screen and went ahead an got a new case for it as well to, essentially, remake it as if it were new.  Here's a picture of the original case and the upgraded GBA.  The new screen makes the system as different as night and day.  No more straining my eyes to play!  Thank you -^CrossBow^-

NEGzTKY.jpg

And here are two multi carts for the SNES that I got.  280 games between the two carts...

4rMGQb7.jpg

• Like 6

This came in the mail a few days ago. I don't usually go out of my way for pirate carts but this Taiwan Cooper Tooth Brush was only 9 bucks Canadian shipped and since I don't currently own JawBreaker it seemed like a no brainer to nab it on ebay. I don't know the value of these things but it seemed too neat a game to pass up for the price.

145843654_2925688567708960_526675007008414286_o.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AtariLeaf said:

This came in the mail a few days ago. I don't usually go out of my way for pirate carts but this Taiwan Cooper Tooth Brush was only 9 bucks Canadian shipped and since I don't currently own JawBreaker it seemed like a no brainer to nab it on ebay. I don't know the value of these things but it seemed too neat a game to pass up for the price.

145843654_2925688567708960_526675007008414286_o.jpg

Jawbreaker is one of my favorite games. 9 bucks huh? Great pickup.?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, bluejay said:

IMG_1504.JPG.5443a05201caa301715df98c6db6e8c8.JPG

Musta forgot to post this. Didn't buy, but traded for a spare Xbox Series X. Picture courtesy of eightbit, since I didn't take a good pic that showed everything myself.

Where did you learn to fly?

By the way, how's the d-pad on the 3 button Genesis controller? I have 2 of the Japanese 3 button controllers and the d-pads on both are super terrible. Can't input the Konami code or the Sonic 1 level select code the majority of the time on those controllers because the d-pad registers diagonals too easily, even after giving both of them an extremely good cleaning. I don't remember having this issue with the US 3 button controllers when I was a kid, but that was a while ago when they were new and I've honestly forgotten. I think it might be some issue specific to the Japanese model that the US one doesn't have, but maybe not.

Also, what motherboard revision is the Genesis?

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Where did you learn to fly?

By the way, how's the d-pad on the 3 button Genesis controller? I have 2 of the Japanese 3 button controllers and the d-pads on both are super terrible. Can't input the Konami code or the Sonic 1 level select code the majority of the time on those controllers because the d-pad registers diagonals too easily, even after giving both of them an extremely good cleaning. I don't remember having this issue with the US 3 button controllers when I was a kid, but that was a while ago when they were new and I've honestly forgotten. I think it might be some issue specific to the Japanese model that the US one doesn't have, but maybe not.

Also, what motherboard revision is the Genesis?

Well, uh, it's just good enough to make the game playable. Very unresponsive though. It feels like a 30 year old ripoff d-pad. I don't think it's as bad as yours though.

It's a VA3. Not sure what that means, but there you are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluejay said:

Well, uh, it's just good enough to make the game playable. Very unresponsive though. It feels like a 30 year old ripoff d-pad. I don't think it's as bad as yours though.

It's a VA3. Not sure what that means, but there you are.

Alright, maybe the 3 button controller in general isn't all that great, in that case. The Retro-Bit controller is good, though. The VA3 and the VA4 are the most desirable motherboard revisions and you basically have the best version of the system. Don't get rid of it if you don't have to, and if you do have to get rid of it at some point, you might be able get a little bit more cash from selling it than if it was a different revision.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Alright, maybe the 3 button controller in general isn't all that great, in that case. The Retro-Bit controller is good, though. The VA3 and the VA4 are the most desirable motherboard revisions and you basically have the best version of the system. Don't get rid of it if you don't have to, and if you do have to get rid of it at some point, you might be able get a little bit more cash from selling it than if it was a different revision.

Eh, I can live with 2 Geneses. I probably won't get rid of it. But really, I don't get why people pay twice (or more) as much as they'd pay for a system that is slightly worse.

The problem I have with the Model 1 Genesis is that it looks awful with the 32x attached to it. I'll probably have it attached to my Model 2 and leave the Model 1 in a nice display case.