IGNORED

Tower of Doom Arcade

So there is an Arcade game called Dungeon & Dragons Tower of Doom released 6-7 years after Intellivision Tower of Doom which was going to be part of AD&D. Interesting. I know know nothing about the AD&D board game and culture so this could be more than a coincidence. But still cool.

Capcom made two D&D arcade games. Both are great games. It is available on the Wii U virtual console and Sega Saturn. Not many ports were made.

They are also on 360, Steam, and PS3. The collection is called Chronicles of Mystara and the two arcade games are Tower of Doom and Shadow Over Mystara. I don't think there's any relation to the Intellivision Tower of Doom. The arcade games are side scrolling beat 'em ups with RPG elements.

Edited by BrianC

i knew immediatly i played this game, more hack&slash as a adventure game and nearly a shame for a label like ad&d (or in this case d&d, not very advanced).

post-41280-0-15491300-1421380514_thumb.jpg

somehow typical for the capcom "kit" games, very stereotype imho.

very typical for the aera, you could easy exchange one of the characters with michael jackson or bart simpson, while bart is cool.

There is one of this massacres i really like "Chaos Engine" (1&2), that's no arcade game, but a in the same quality & style and maybe because it's no coin-op, it's better to play.

i know it's a widely known game.

At least i would rate it as one of the top games from the amiga.

but still no adventure game.

indiana jones III is a good adventure game.

not specifically the characters or the story,

it's the way this game is always new you play a new game.

even if you know what expects you it won't be the same as last time you played.

but you know this guy, don't you?

pic19.jpg

(dammit that was like one of the characters has gettin' alive, no pink colored pixel monster where you had to imagine what is head and what is feet, a real animated character)

i really would like to play that from time to time, i own the floppys for the miggy, but i can't copy them or make working images of them (i can't).

I was never very good in it and to swap floppys for each cut scene is horrible.

i would need at least a tv to play it (have to buy me a cheap second hand soon anyway).

Besides, the gameplay is minimal for this game, in principles you only have to move the stick and press the button at the proper moment, that's all, if it wouldn't be so cool to play a animated character

It would be a shitty simple game.

(the coin op using a couple of video discs was a sensation, usually it had mounted on the top a second screen for the spectators).

i guess this guy marks a change in video games.

Even when it was "only" a animated movie cut in scenes though you can play it like a sort of adventure game (like any story),

it showed what sort of gameworld the players will prefere, it's not 3D but it comes very close to it.

They like to sea the cold sweat on the forehead of the hero.

And it showed clearly you need no game, a visual sensation is enough to sell a product!

In the end a clever made "pink colored pixelmonster" is better.

It's really a stupid game, but a sensational graphical adventure.

I had to laugh my ass off when i read on the box of "Venture" (for the inty, i must have owned once such a box, but i couldn't remember this) "high resolution impact graphics"

wow i have to write that again,

"high resolution impact graphics"

a red dot with a yellow arrow, phew.

But well, imho "Venture" is more fun to play as "Dragons Lair".

Edited by Gernot