IGNORED

Flashback Action Button Swap into Factory Controller

forrestsmith

Recently took apart and cleaned my Sears Super Video Arcade, wanted to do all that before I started using it for the first time ( never had a Intellivision before) Decide to play some Pitfall since I was familiar with that game from the 2600 and I received a copy of that with the system.
Did not think the controller was to bad, but the action buttons were kind of stiff. So to get to my point of this post I took the action buttons from a Flashback and placed them in my factory controllers, they were a perfect fit! The difference is amazing a lot softer and they do stick out slightly more from the controller which I think helps. So I would say my factory controllers feel almost like Flashback controllers by just changing the action buttons. Very simple to do takes about five minutes. This may be helpful if you want to use the factory controller for whatever reason ( I wanted the color to match, or you dont want to open your Intellivision with the fixed controllers). The downsize is you have to buy a flashback just for the action buttons.

Forrest

That's a fantastic idea. I wish AtGames sold controllers separately, and heck even the parts. I see enough INTV controllers that I'd buy a lot of 100 button assemblies for a reasonable price. Just replace them in every controller I see, because I agree - MUCH better than the originals (especially after 30 years of plastic rot).

I have a bunch of buttons from a buy I made a year or so back. I've got about 50 pairs or so if anyone needs a set or two let me know. This is a pay it forward kind of thing to members. I'm not selling them.