IGNORED

pfpixel on question

Retro Lord

Though I get a ton of warnings from your code. If I assemble and run it the screen is completely black with a few white lines.

You are using the latest version of bB, right?

randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#gettingstarted

If you're using an old crusty version of bB, it might be choking on the REMs.

I'm just gonna stick to my old version of VBB, I can't get any of the newer working.

Back to the saltmines. I've scratched my head for days and I just don't get it...Why does it work when you are left or right of the dragon, but not when you are above or below it? It don't make any sense to me.

if player0x > player1x then _dragon_pos = player0x - player1x : if _dragon_pos < 8 && player0y = player1y then COLUPF=$DA : goto __Skip_X_Check
   if player1x > player0x then _dragon_pos = player1x - player0x : if _dragon_pos < 4 && player0y = player1y then COLUPF=$DA

__Skip_X_Check

if player0y > player1y then _dragon_pos = player0y - player1y : if _dragon_pos < 8 && player0x = player1x then COLUPF=$DA : goto __Skip_Proximity
   if player1y > player0y then _dragon_pos = player1y - player0y : if _dragon_pos < 16 && player0x = player1x then COLUPF=$DA

__Skip_Proximity

I'm just gonna stick to my old version of VBB, I can't get any of the newer working.

Can you explain what you think is not working? What did you do? Can you explain it step by step?

Why does it work when you are left or right of the dragon, but not when you are above or below it? It don't make any sense to me.

The version I posted changes colors if you are directly left, right, above or below it:

atariage.com/forums/topic/233874-pfpixel-on-question/?p=3156275

I set it up just the way I did with the old version. It starts and I can load up my projects but not compile them, I always get a syntax error on everything. Even if it worked in the old version.

Yeah, it's just that I can't compile it. I am trying too figure out and see if I can do something similar that works on my old version of VBB and I've gotten it half-working.

I set it up just the way I did with the old version. It starts and I can load up my projects but not compile them, I always get a syntax error on everything. Even if it worked in the old version.

Yeah, it's just that I can't compile it. I am trying too figure out and see if I can do something similar that works on my old version of VBB and I've gotten it half-working.

Did you remember to double click on install_win.bat? And did you remember to select the new version of bB on the Settings page? It's important that you get the latest version working since so many improvements have been made to batari Basic.

If you don't want to do what is needed to get it working, try this version without the modern REMs:

d_and_d_0.4.1_no_rems_2015y_01m_20d_2256t.bas

Try that exactly the way it is without modifying it or putting parts of it into another program.

Aha, I had not doubleklicked the doubleklick.bas. But now when I do I get a request to set what program to open it with what do I choose?

I don't know what you are talking about. I said double click on install_win.bat that came with the latest version of bB:

randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#install_win_bat