IGNORED

2015 Intellivision Webring/Repository?

First Spear

Hey all. What is the closest thing we have to an "Intellivision Webring" in 2015? Since the console's popularity is back on the rise, it would be cool to have a reference directory of all live sites. Maybe a permanent page on the Intellivisionaries site? Intellivision Lives? Naberhood?

And then there has been a nice surge in homegrown (development) tools, it would be cool to have them all in one spot. Is it worth seeking a replicated centralized place for "everything"?

Thanks for discussing!

I haven't heard the term "web ring" in over 10 years. Probably closer to 15. Maybe I'll resurrect my old LinkExchange banner account.

However, I do agree with the general sentiment. It would be damned cool to have a central Intellivison info source. A central programming/homebrew info source. And especially centralized forums, and places to order new homebrew from. Right now a person has to keep a dozen or so places bookmarked. And then you find out "oh, THIS information was in a newsletter than you don't get or a site you aren't refreshing often enough". It's a bit daunting. AA seems to cover off the 95%, if you're willing to wade through forum threads.

Unfortunately there are enough personality conflicts that we'll never see it all in one place ( :( ) and many of us, or at least me, are too damned lazy to do anything about it.

Edited by freeweed

Oh yeah! I recently updated that list. Look also at the pinned AA thread here.

There are remnants of old web rings out there but full of dead site links.

Would you add a link to my Facebook group to your list of links? it is definitely the place to be on Facebook and is turning into the Atariage/Intellivision section of Facebook. Attendance and topics have been booming as of late.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/207419785978287/