IGNORED

Injection Molding 101

Rev

That's something i thought about ver early when i noticed what is going on,

shells,

boxes,

overlays,

everything must be produced.

in short terms, i saw it already as problematic to find one who will produce such small editions.

---

I'm a printer, educated as silkscreenprinter in fact, but i also worked for while in printing adverts resp. gifts.

Now only by looking at this, we didn't accepted orders under 1000pcs or a equivalent price.

And it was a small manufactury (3ppl).

molding plastics, is something different, that's industry (pops workplace resp. he worked in the machine industry who builded the molding machines).

machines must be amortized

molds cost as well

while the textile company in which i was educated produced whatever you liked, we made as well Princess Dianas christening gown, that wasn't a large amount of meters,

or once we made for sheik some half transparent stuff, whatever he did with that (veil dance i assume - not the sheik!),

scarves or "foulards" for "JOOP" i.e. just for one occasion. Matter of the price you pay but textile is a shitty business, else your jeans wouldn't be made in mexico, guatemala, china or india.

To be honest it's not a good business, but our best paying contractors came from where? USA, they payed any price for "hand crafted in switzerland", sophisticated designs

with a lot of colors and in large even oversized size, used for furniture or as "wallpaper". In europe no one would like such rich colored flower designs with kolibris and i don't know what.

But to print them was a challange and i liked them. We allowed us the luxury to have a office in N.Y. (in the 80's, but i guess late 80's they had to close the office, heavy recession for textile.

Change in style? at this time only unicolor is style? = bad times for a printer). We had a contractor here in switzerland, "haute couture" they make millions with that stuff,

he charged us for every little failure in the printings, 0% tolerance, usually it would be 5% - 10% you tolerate, in textile printing some get's lost already until the design runs on the machine.

But he was our figurehead, our best advertise, thus we had to accept any condition from him. But i have to say i really liked his designs, only silk and always in a few deep brillant colors.

preferably dots, triangles or quads on black ground. The complete opposite to the "deco" textiles.