IGNORED

Shadow of the Colossus VCS

ultima

I'd like to know more about how you plan on depicting the Colossi battles. That's the heart of the game, in my opinion.

I'm not sure how I'll do that without testing several possibilities but I think first off it will require a Genesis controller or dual joysticks (Raiders of the Lost Arc style) for actions selection. It will require at the least a gravity engine with some inertia attacks by the colossi. My biggest concern atm is how to code the light rays from the ancient sword to "find" the colossi, and how Dormin will convey info to the Wander...in bB

I definitely think you need to focus on the colossus battles first. if you get that to work and feel good, it will be worth solving all the other problems.

the idea of the colossuses being constructed of the playfield is cool. perhaps they can be bigger than the screen (and moving) and you have to climb up from a side view, where pressing the directions climbs in that direction (by holding onto the fur), and holding the button tightens your grip for when they shake?