IGNORED

Intellivision problems. Help!

DocktaCake

There are two easy things to check. On the bottom it should say 60hz 110 or 120V. If that's good then open her up and you'll see the power supply in the top left corner (if the machine is situated with the power and reset button facing you). I would check the "ribbon cable" going from the power supply to the logic board and make sure it's seated in it connector on the power supply.

It's a model 2609 so should be USA NTSC. Auction pic shows 115V 60Hz.

Could RF modulator need fine tuning? NTSC plugged into PAL TV? Bad STIC?

rf modulator is my next guess, but there is an adjustable capacitor that will at least rule that out. I dont think it is the cap and more likely the rf modulater.

I opened it up. Can you send me a picture of the adjustable cap? I think I see it but I don't know if that's it or not

if you flip tge board around it is in the top right corner close to the rf modulater. It should be red or blue or white or something. It should have a philips slot in the top of it (+)

Yeah it kinda looks like the picture from my PAL Intellivision when I installed an NTSC STIC. Hence why I mentioned it.

Oh, duh. Yeah. Actually paying attention to the included video helps. That's exactly what playing a PAL 2600 game on an NTSC TV looks like (the 2600 console itself has no PAL/NTSC concept). Adjusting vertical hold allows one to play the game, albeit with wrong/missing colours.

Hard to really say without seeing actual gameplay, though. He mentions "no sound" - there is no sound on the copyright screen. I'd be curious what actual gameplay looks and sounds like.

Oh, duh. Yeah. Actually paying attention to the included video helps. That's exactly what playing a PAL 2600 game on an NTSC TV looks like (the 2600 console itself has no PAL/NTSC concept). Adjusting vertical hold allows one to play the game, albeit with wrong/missing colours.

Hard to really say without seeing actual gameplay, though. He mentions "no sound" - there is no sound on the copyright screen. I'd be curious what actual gameplay looks and sounds like.

i didnt watch the video before. So if he never went past the title screen i am back to trying to adjust the capacitor first.