IGNORED

Sparta DOS 4.47

w1k

Is there a file to download for the Freezer 2011 ?

The Freezer 2011 SDX mode uses the same banking scheme as the Ultimate 1MB - so just use the U1MB version.

In the SDX446_freezer2011 file on my website I just removed ULTIME from the default config.sys using the SDX imager tool - otherwise it's identical to the 4.46 U1MB version.

You can either do the same with 4.47 U1MB version or grab the modified 4.47 version from my website. Just uploaded a SDX447_freezer2011.zip :)

so long,

Hias

• Like 2

The manuals exist thanks to the effort of GoodByteXL, who is tirelessly working on them. He was even kind and brave enough to format and edit the Polish version of the programming guide, which was, I imagine, extra difficult, since the man does not know Polish language. Warm applause, please.

Edited by drac030
  • Like 7

The manuals exist thanks to the effort of GoodByteXL, who is tirelessly working on them. He was even kind and brave enough to format and edit the Polish version of the programming guide, which was, I imagine, extra difficult, since the man does not know Polish language. Warm applause, please.

How can he edit the Polish version if he doesn't know Polish? You have my curiosity up. Anyway though, I certainly appreciate the efforts of all involved. THANK YOU ALL.

He edited it slightly and asking for directions. Anyways, the result is excellent.

As for the SC, it is probably a problem with an old SC.SAV file. When the new SC is started up, and the problem shows up, you should: 1) exit from the SC to the command.com, 2) go into the directory where the SCMAIN.OVL resides, 3) delete the SC.SAV.

Next, start the SC normally and everything should work.

He edited it slightly and asking for directions. Anyways, the result is excellent.

As for the SC, it is probably a problem with an old SC.SAV file. When the new SC is started up, and the problem shows up, you should: 1) exit from the SC to the command.com, 2) go into the directory where the SCMAIN.OVL resides, 3) delete the SC.SAV.

Next, start the SC normally and everything should work.

Thank you! That did the trick. I should have thought to try that. I have gotten a little spoiled by the excellent help available on the forums here at AA by fine people such as yourself. Normally I slog through stuff a fair amount on my own before I ask for help.

I want to thank drac030 and everyone else involved with this for their excellent continued efforts! While I have no real complaints at all, I have one want I can think of in regard to the toolkit disk. I notice a lot of the content is in .ARC files. This is presumable to save space. Yet, the disk image is still a 720KB one so it isn't like saving the space allowed it all to fit in a 90, 130, or 180KB image which is the sizes that would work for almost everyone with hardware Atari systems. Those who emulate can handle pretty much any size disk image.

What I am getting at, is why not make the toolkit disk with its content in expanded form? It would be far more convenient for those who emulate, and likely no less convenient for those using real Ataris. Anyone using real Ataris that doesn't have a 720KB capable drive has to go to the trouble of using a PC to redistribute the content to image sizes they can make into real disks. Unless they use SIO2PC type equimnent, in which case they can handle most anything just tlike the emu guys can.

I see the expanded content will easily fit onto the next size up disk, the 1.44MB disk. So I have taken it upon myself to create a 1.44MB image and go through and expand everything on the toolkit disk to it.

I've attached it here for the convenience of others. It's the least I could do to contribute.

Oops. I was using Altirra and had my image in virtual write mode. I forgot to save all my work! Ouch. I'll do it again and attach.

Edited by fujidude
  • Like 2

Thanks a lot, I am sure the "expanded" version will be also useful. The files, however, are ARCed not to save space, the Toolkit disk in this form is simply easier for us to maintain. The batch file BAT>UNPACK.BAT should enable the user to make a massive unpacking, if necessary.

IDE+ mounts it and allows the access (well, at least to the dir listing), but the mounting program produces a warning. There is at least one problem indeed: the byte 6 (counting from 0) of the ATR header is $00, and it should be $01.

Edited by drac030

Thanks a lot, I am sure the "expanded" version will be also useful. The files, however, are ARCed not to save space, the Toolkit disk in this form is simply easier for us to maintain. The batch file BAT>UNPACK.BAT should enable the user to make a massive unpacking, if necessary.

No problem. Like I said it is the least I can do. I did in fact use a version of unpack.bat to do this, but I still had to manually recurse through and run it in each directory where appropriate. If it is easier for you to distribute in arced format then I will be happy to do this in the future with a new toolkit disk as well. You already do more for us all than any of us can expect. Again great job!

PS: I am thinking about trying to write an advanced .BAT file that will automate this process, but I have to first teach myself in more detail the batch processing capabilities of SDX 4.4x as it relates to recursion. I'm sure I will be looking at the PROC statement among other things. If I do end up creating a script that works, I will share that with the community and that way it will be easy for anyone to do on their own too if they want.

Edited by fujidude
  • Like 1

This file will not mount on any of my peripherals SDRIVE SIO2SD SIO2PC none recognize it as an ATR.

No file system or NAK 139

Thanks for the info. I made the .atr image under an old program called Atari File Management. I then mounted it in Altirra 2.60t40, formated it with SDX447 (actually just did a (B)uild directory). Then I transferred all the contents over to that from the original toolkit. It mounted and read fine for me under Altirra emulating an Indus GT SIO based floppy drive.

IDE+ mounts it and allows the access (well, at least to the dir listing), but the mounting program produces a warning. There is at least one problem indeed: the byte 6 (counting from 0) of the ATR header is $00, and it should be $01.

See my just previous post on how I made that image. I'm not sure what part of it was responsible for the incorrect byte, but I suspect it was the old program "ATARI Filemanagement V: 1.5 0128." Since that is what created the initial .atr image file. I will try again with an image made an alternate way.

Is there a good reference on the .ATR file format so I can maybe check my work better before putting it out for people?

EDIT - I just foound this info on Steve Tucker's AtariMAX web page (http://www.atarimax.com/jindroush.atari.org/afmtatr.html).

Edited by fujidude

Flashed sdx to my ultimate

Works fine here.

How to start a basic file under sdx?

To manually start one:

BASIC

run "D:theprog.bas"

To auto start one:

From the SpartaDOS X 4.47 User Guide:

5.3 I/O Redirection

SDX implements I/O redirection in a totally different manner than any other DOS on A8. The command line is used to redirect the standard input (stdin) and output (stdout). Now it is possible to divert the output of a single command by including '>>d:fname' on the command line. Similarly, input redirection is accomplished by including a '<<d:fname' on the command line. Some examples:

DIR >>PRN redirects the output from the DIR command directly to the printer.

TYPE fname >>dest copies a file, but will be slower than the copy command and will not preserve the time/date stamp.

BASIC <<AUTOGO will run the BASIC program 'START.BAS', if the text file 'AUTOGO' contains the line: RUN "D:START.BAS"

Edited by fujidude