IGNORED

The Creature Shock Jag CD UPDATES Thread :-)

Lost Dragon

@CJ:Well despite it being confirmed by multiple sources from like the dawn of time, some still refused to believe what likes of Darryl Still, Alexander Holland and Mike Fulton said, let alone the interview Edge did with Jez when his memory was a bit sharper, back in 1998...

Plus, on here alone i was told in the past not to trust a single source and how was it worded? they might have their own agenda or something, so, having done a few interviews since with ex-Argonaut coders, who also worked on Creature shock for various other formats, thought i'd tick the multiple sources box and have done with it.

But Re:The multiple posts, 953rd time...if we are keeping count, how many posts/threads have you yourself created each time you do a new (admitidly fantastic) Jaguar port of an ST game, where as you know an ST conversion type generic thread might of sufficed?.

Whats good for the goose on here... :-)

My updates are at least now in 1 specific thread which i've added to each time i've had a new source...

I'm not going to assume everyone downloads and reads Classic Console Magazine even though it's FREE and as i've said numerous times before, i only submit the interviews, i have no idea when Josh plans to use them, until days before new issue launches.

The Jaguar community has to be the most amusing one i research lost games for, if ever i did...surprised i even had to look into Creature shock, Tomb Raider, Quake etc claims as people seemed to know someone who knew someone who'd etc and when i did contact people who kindly gave their time to shed light on the Press claims, i was often greeted with: it proved nothing or how bad the proof reading was or fact i was'nt using a PC...

I dunno, sometimes i think people (in general) think i'm going to stop researching and sharing info, because of what they say about me, sorry, but i'm only hanging my 'hat up' once i've finished all the WIP projects i have on/planned, so when i'm ready...

Never a dull moment in the Atari Community..Period it seems.

Please..cont.

Edited by Lost Dragon

At the end of the day, it's this simple:

The opening post made clear this thread was going to recap everything that'd come to light so far and from whom.Martin Piper was the latest and last source i'd found regarding the possibilty of a Jaguar port of a very average PC CD game and this too was made clear, so i recapped everything so far found in the closing post, nothing more to look into,

I know it's the Jaguar forum, i know i've had to explain numerous times my choice of web browser that works on here etc.

Martin gave freely of his time to chat about CDi Creature Shock, his time at Argonaut , the 4 versions of Alien Res.He coded from 3rd person to final 1st Person version we saw and today he forwarded over extra info on the Lost N-Gage game he worked on, inc screens without being asked.

So i'm bloody grateful to him for his time and kindness in sharing, mags and sites like Pro-Atari, Unseen64, GTW, Classic Console etc seem happy with how i research, so yes, it'll continue.

Edited by Lost Dragon

Gotta admit it's hard to follow your posts sometimes LD! Like trying to pay attention to someone talking to themselves, only to discover they really just have a bluetooth device crammed in their ear. :lol:

Ever consider setting up camp in the comfy confines of a blog here? :)

• Like 6

But Re:The multiple posts, 953rd time...if we are keeping count, how many posts/threads have you yourself created each time you do a new (admitidly fantastic) Jaguar port of an ST game, where as you know an ST conversion type generic thread might of sufficed?.

Whats good for the goose on here... :-)

There is a massive difference between a new thread for a new binary, and posting the same thing multiple times all over the forum.

A blog would be perfect.

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 5

Gotta admit it's hard to follow your posts sometimes LD! Like trying to pay attention to someone talking to themselves, only to discover they really just have a bluetooth device crammed in their ear. :lol:

Ever consider setting up camp in the comfy confines of a blog here? :)

It was suggested before to apparently no effect.

It's unfortunate that the information he's trying to convey is in many cases being missed because of the hundreds of rapid fire posts turning into a giant wave of white noise / TLDR for people.

• Like 6

Well, at risk of repeating myself again :-)

1)I did ask Mods on here about creating a Lost Jaguar/Lynx Games generic thread or threads and shovelling in every bit of info that i'd uncovered from the uinterviews so far, an just updated in that thread as new info came to light.Nothing ever came of that, hence creating this thread for the 1 specific game people online often seem to refuse to believe was'nt nearly finished by Argonaut, despite a wealth of sources.Martin being the latest and last.
All the Creature shock info from Nic and Martin, plus Jez Sans RG interview has gone in this thread, so it's not exactly been spread to the 4 winds.
2)Recently had to explain again why theres multiple posts, IE on 360 simply won't let me sign in on here, my Laptop is'nt online and i cannot type fast via my iPad.Hardly going to buy a new PC just for 'community' work i do for free....
3)Case in point next that the blog i do have set up is'nt working, as if it was, people would'nt be suggesting i set up a blog... :-)

So really is a case of been there, tried that, did'nt look to me to be working.

5)No offence to anyone here, but to be blunt, last time i used a single source to talk about an Atari related matter, i was 'shot down'/challenged, told i should'nt use singlre sources, they have their own agendas etc etc, well true, but this is just something i do in my spare time, trying to provide material to various websites/magazines and share with the community, it's a War trial or anything, did'nt think i needed to call on numerous witnesses...but hey, it's the internet, people entitled to believe what ever they want, i'm not looking to sway opinion, just share what came up in converstation.

6)Not sure about the definitions could be better, as each source named, interviews linked to or if they are mag scans, uploaded, so it's always Joe Blogs who coded X,Y and Z whilst working at...

So i honestly do not know.The 'Official' Lost games thread was LOCKED, i've asked for a new one and a Mod to basically take the 'meat' from

My scattergun findings and organise it, as the info is of 'benifit' to the community as it might help folk stop looking for code that simply does'nt exist it seems...

And i cannot do a damn thing about a Web Browser i pay for, not working with this site.Can only use the tools i have...

And bottom line is, i know deep down even when i do tick the multiple sources box, people else where are going to challenge it as i'm really a nobody in the bigger scheme of things, not a jurnolist, historian, website hoster, YouTuber etc etc, i had to jump through enough hoops in the beginning when posting here just to convince people i was'nt someone else under a new user name, laugh about it now, but it was so frustrating at the time.Even checking my I.P details did'nt seem enough...

But hey, it's only a forum, a lot of posters 'Likes' counts have gone through the roof no doubt 'thanks' to responses to my ramblings, so it's all good.

1 last time:

The blighted Web browser (I.E) is part of XBL Gold, which in order to play online on the 360 i, as do others, have to pay for.
The PS3, which also has a web browser, which works with Atari Age, but limits text, lets me use both features for free.
My iPad, has a free web browser, which i use for my general net use, online shopping etc, but i don't like typing lengthy emails etc on, (as not a massive fan of touchscreens, personally).
So:the browser on 360 comes in bloody useful, as it lets me type big old emails, like......the various interviews i do, so i get my moneys worth, web browser wise from XBL Gold.
So i could flip it the other way:why does'nt a website work with a version of a widespread web browser...?
And why should i buy a PC just to fanny about in my free time sharing info, doing a spot of research?
Answers on a sealed copy of Quake on the Jaguar too....
Last comments on subject as it's this simple:.Atari AGE forum does'nt work with 360 I.E every other site i use..does :-).

And why should i buy a PC just to fanny about in my free time sharing info, doing a spot of research?

Tis a fair point. But, no offense, it really is dark ages material... not having a personal computer of some capacity, in this day and age.

You can even get Netbooks running Windows for £100ish. Would be ideal JUST for forums, email and eBay etc.

Lots of hard work has been undertaken by yourself but it's all being hamstrung by self-imposed technical limitations.

You would get so much more, personally, from a set-up that allows you to maximise the way in which your findings, research and passion are presented to educate others :)

• Like 3

Too many bad experiences with too many PC's i guess, previous laptops seemed to grind to a halt with Anti-Virus software running, last laptop, which was then brand spanking new (this is when Vista had come out) just ohhh a bloody nightmare.Loathed the damn thing :-).

Tower PC's fared far better, enjoyed my stint as a PC Gamer, but too many issues with Trojans, Keyloggers etc getting past professional AV software which i was paying around £30-£40 a time for, meaning i'd have to pay to get system wiped, O/S etc re-installed as i'm not tech minded..cue the ipad purchase, great device, but just not me for big typing sessions.

Something of a techno dino. now, i used to buy new hardware on day 1, now? just nowt interests me, getting old and buying habbits changed drastically past few years.

I struggle to maintain interest in gaming way i once did as well, if i find the right game, i'm sorted by they seem few and far between these days.

Where's the magic gone?. :-(