IGNORED

Anyone here have a Panasonic KX-P1124 Printer?

wyerd

I could do with some help with this problem.

Yet another one of my eBay buys has turned up a dud. It was advertised as working and I even got the seller to produce a self test print which he sent me photos of and the output came with the printer. Whether or not it was from the same printer, who knows.

The problem is when I power it up, the print head doesn't go to the home position on the left side and there's a quiet buzzing noise from the carriage motor, then the paper out buzzer sounds. It won't go online as it thinks it's out of paper even when I've used the single sheet feeder. I've checked for bits of paper inside it but it all looks very clean. I've even tried another carriage motor which I know works and it exhibits the same buzzing noise and no movement so it has to be something else.

There's no point sending it back as it'll cost more in shipping. I'm sure there's a simple solution, but I've yet to find it.

Technically not a TI hardware issue, but it's going to be an attached peripheral to my PEBs CorComp serial card, when it works.

Thanks,

Dave.

Check to see if the print head moves relatively freely when the printer isn't under power. There may be some congealed grease stopping it from returning to the home position. . .I used to have one of these a long time ago, but went back to my Star NL-10 because the Panasonic was eating ribbons (bad/stuck print wire).

Edited by Ksarul

Print head moves freely when not under power. When I tried the other carriage motor which I know works, I didn't connect it to the rest of the printer, just the power cables on the circuit board and it had exactly the same symptoms. Buzzing and the cog didn't move.