IGNORED

TRON games...

liquidcross

Hi there!

I like Adventures of Tron very much. It is a bit unpolished & unfinished (# of remaining lifes are not shown for example, there's no gameplay variants, just one screen, etc...), but I think it's highly enjoyable fun - and, as soon as the tanks are introduced, It's getting a really tough challenge. You need to develop some good survival strategies here.

Simplistic, yet addictive fun I'd say :)

Greetings,

Manuel

I really enjoyed both tron games. I got them in the original double game retail pack as a kid. my mom made throw the box away cause it was too big :-( but at least I still have two tron controllers. they are awesome :-) I like 2600 discs better than the inty version, and adventures is a fun platformy game.

Hi there!

I wish I could find that. I never see the Tron sticks on ebay.  :(

I've never seen one of these at all and they're missing on the 2600 controler page as well: http://www.atariage.com/controller_list.ht...l?SystemID=2600

Does anybody have a picture of such a stick? I'm really curious how it looks like.

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

I've never seen one of these at all and they're missing on the 2600 controler page as well: http://www.atariage.com/controller_list.ht...l?SystemID=2600

It's not really missing I think, as it seems that the controller list is more about types of controllers than being a list of ALL controllers. In other words, a joystick is a joystick (though they obviously have some exceptions to that).

Does anybody have a picture of such a stick? I'm really curious how it looks like.

There's another stick -- by Championship Electronics? -- that has the exact same shape only was molded in black plastic instead of the blue see-through plastic that the Tron stick is made from. I don't have a picture though.

Hi there!

Greetings,

Manuel

They're on this page:

http://www.atariage.com/2600/archives/cont...lers_atari.html

I got them in the original double game retail pack as a kid. my mom made throw the box away cause it was too big.

Sigh... I bought the same pack. I still have the stick (had to replace the suction cups) and the games, but I tossed the box.

I didn't like the way it looked on the shelves next to my other 2600 game boxes.

Oh well. Live and learn.

As for the games, I like Tron Deadly Discs quite a bit. Adventures of Tron never did much for me. It wasn't specific enough to Tron for my tastes. It could have been any game, as abstract as it was.

what isnt cool about the tron controllers is that they are cheap pieces of shit. they break very easily, and they dont really offer very good play control either. more novelty than anything else. very useful for adding to a paddle to create a much less expensize authenti tron control for the arcade game via mame on pc tho :-)

ive got two, and both of em had the plastic inside that presses on the leaf switch break (just like the standard 2600 controllers,) but they broke after very little play. there is another controller that the tron joystick shares mechanisms with, it too has the retractable cord in the base. and they break just as easily. You must play with yours very gently. IIRC it's champ. I have boxes of controllers, and i think I have maybe ONE of this type controller that works, all the rest of them were broken by their previous owner if that tells you anything. definately a crap controller. unless you are just mister light touch.

• 3 weeks later...

I have happy memories of getting the big blue Tron joystick and both games for my birthday one year. Unfortunately my joystick also broke shortly thereafter. At least it still looks cool on the shelf. :)

I'd reccommend getting both. Deadly Discs is definiately a fun game (though it would be even better if there were an option to make the discs "deadly" on their return trajectory, too.)

Adventures of Tron isn't bad either, but I never liked it as much as Discs. I just never got the hang of it. It's an interesting variation on the usual platfomer, though.

I had the Discs of Tron arcade machine for a couple years.  The big environmental cabinet. It was sweet. :)

What did you do with it and why did you get rid of it? I would gladly have taken it off your hands, even if it meant driving all the way to central Iowa to borrow my parent's truck, all the way to Sioux City, and all the way back again to store it at their farm until I got a house and all the way back to Omaha AGAIN. Yes I would have wanted it that badly. I even bid $1,000 or so for one on eBay last year when I got my tax refund. :D

Ah, the Tron two pack is on the top of my want lists. Tooth protectors , Quadrun, Obliex and Crazyclimber are high up there, But I want this even more. I like nice display packs. He is correct about the Joystick though. I have one and the white plastic piece inside is broken and cant be fixed. :(

Ah,  the Tron two pack is on the top of my want lists. Tooth protectors , Quadrun, Obliex and Crazyclimber are  high up there, But I want this even more. I like nice display packs. He is correct about the Joystick though. I have one and the white plastic piece inside is broken and cant be fixed.  :(

yea such a shame that such an awesome controller is such a poorly made piece. if only we could get that plastic piece re-cast in bronze or something :-)