IGNORED

My Falcon Is Multi-National

So, I set my Falcon up to do some testing. Previously, I had always connected it to an SC1224, but for this I've connected it to VGA. I figured a little Obsession Pinball was in order, so I fired it up. The Vectronix (sorry) intro popped in. Nice, yes. Then the monitor went blank and the infamous "Input Not Supported" taunt started dancing around the screen.

"Hmmm", I said, "That's odd." So I rebooted and fired up SysInfo. How this was the first time I had ever done so is it's own mystery, but I digress. SysInfo flashed me a middle finger in the form of an error: "Illegal AES Call".

Brow now furrowed, I "OK'ed" it to death and proceeded. "Information", "System", and...

Land : USA

Videomodus : PAL

What in the blue f%&k was this. Ummm, why is my USA Falcon also a PAL Falcon? "Anyone? Anyone? Beuuuuuuller?"

Edited by pixelmischief

Well, that didn't work. Ran BOOTCONF and it gave me a bunch of really cool stuff to edit. And then, when I hit OK, didn't change a a single thing. I run BOOTCONF again and have all the same settings I don't want. Maybe the NVRAM battery is kaput. Maybe it's time to attempt the old AA battery mod?

What say you?

I am running my falcon through an SC1224 not VGA though. When I changed the NVRAM chip recently and ran bootconf 2.01, it kept all the settings I changed on reboot. I used RESETNVR,PRG in my auto folder to init the new chip beforehand.

Is your falcon keeping time? I wouldn't know if your chip is dead, but it would be weird if it just happened now :). Stranger things have happened. This is the thread where I changed the chip at atari-forum: http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27635&p=268752

This might help... I had a similar issue and using these programs seemed to help (the Keeptime and the Romspeed). Once I did that, the NVRAM settings for the language and all that seemed to be fine and I just have to set the time in the control panel. Every once in awhile the time will reset (which screws up the BBS something awful) but only rarely.

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10195