IGNORED

Emulator front-end thoughts...

Bryan

I would love to have a way to have a classic 8-bit system depicted on the screen while I use an emulator. Imagine being able to select the model of your desk, the computer, the various peripherals, the style of monitor, and have the programs appear on the screen. Imagine placing everything where you want it and having the realistic lights and sounds of an 8-bit system.

The front end could be used to build any kind of system that has a flexible enough emulator. Personally, I think building something like fibrewire's desk would be awesome.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/182024-corvus-interface-ads-integrater/?do=findComment&comment=2282569

EDIT: Something else that would be really cool would be to have SIO2PC peripherals represented on screen. So, if I copy a disk to an SIO2PC connected drive, one of my on-screen drives would operate in unison...

Have you given MESS and some of the front ends for it a good look? I'm not sure how much of your wish list it provides, but the little I know about it suggests some of your wishes could be granted.

I have recently begun using QMC2 front end for MAME on Linux and it has a lot of similar kind of features. It also is a front end for MESS, and is cross platform.