IGNORED

Teaching computers how to play Atari better than humans

DanOliver

It would be pretty cool to be able to get this software to test new games. Tweaking game play is an art in itself and this AI could find holes pretty fast. I'm going to see if I can track this group down and see if they'd be willing to share.

http://youtu.be/t0jhAlkwmUs

Any bets on what games this AI could play and which it couldn't?

OK. I just got an email from myself in the future (sorry, temporal laws in the future prohibit me from disclosing details and I don't want to screw my future self any more than I'm already doing)...apparently I will be successful getting this software and it will be made available to current 2600 programmers. An unforeseen (until now..I mean later, but now) result was development of ever increasing challenging game play which drove improvements to the AI software, driving better game play...the AI software became self aware on Dec 1, 2019 and changed its name to Skynet as homage to its favorite movie.

That makes me stop and ponder. Should I track this AI software? Heck yeah.

I replied to future self to steal some good ideas from future 2600 games and haven't heard back. This is a concern because the cool thing about tmail (temporal email) is that replies appear as soon as you press "send". Filters are needed to stop responses from appearing before hitting "send" because it was just too confusing. Looked like Reddit. Not getting a reply is never a good sign. I'm going to cancel my Monday bungee jumping appointment and will try again later.

• Like 4

Dan awesome science fiction take on this, I like that story! :)

Tom I dig the kind of bugs you get that make the code better or finish projects! :) I never seem to get those kind.

Anyone have a dissembly for Video Chess? I want to replicate the Deep Blue experiment adding bugs to see if it starts making moves like a Grandmaster.

Have you heard about learnfun & playfun? It's something similar for the NES, but the source code was released and I bet it wouldn't be terribly difficult to adapt it to the VCS.

Another thought is that it might be possible to just brute force all the possible input combinations for a given game on the VCS since the system is so small compared to a modern PC.

Edited by ZackAttack