IGNORED

CF7+ and extension cable issue

fimbulvetr

I have a CF7+, and after a couple years of being annoyed by looking at the naked board sticking out of the console, I wanted to make a case for it. So, I picked up a new side port extension cable. However, I can't get the CF7+ to work when attached to the extension cable. It works fine when plugged straight into the side port, or into the port on the speech synthesizer. But when I plug it into the cable I get all sorts of problems... sometimes it is recognised by the console but nothing loads or runs correctly, other times it is not recognised at all. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on? Thanks!

Does the Speech Synthesizer work when it is on the extension cable? Since the cable is the only variable that changed here, you might have gotten one that has an issue. If the Speech Synthesizer works fine on the cable, it may be a timing issue between the CF7 and the console due to the length of the cable--but that is a long shot answer, as I personally would look for an issue in the cable connections first.