IGNORED

TCPSER settings

sprintcarfan

For anybody that's not using a UDS10 and would like to connect to a BBS using tcpser, I have some switch settings that may work for you. I had been messing with tcpser and couldn't seem to get it work. I stumbled onto the -i"&c0" switch and it seemed to do the trick. It apparently forces the DTR line high. The switches are set for COM1 on a Windows XP box running at 2400 baud. You'll have to change the -d or -s switch if your COM port or speed is different.

tcpser -d /dev/ttyS0 -s 2400 -l 4 -p 23 -t Ss -i"&c0"

I'm using a standard TIRS232 card in a PEB. I've gotten Telco to work with these settings, but I haven't been able to get Stuart's web browser to work yet. It says it resolves the IP address, but fails to download the page.

Edited by sprintcarfan
  • Like 2

• 3 years later...

For anybody that's not using a UDS10 and would like to connect to a BBS using tcpser, I have some switch settings that may work for you. I had been messing with tcpser and couldn't seem to get it work. I stumbled onto the -i"&c0" switch and it seemed to do the trick. It apparently forces the DTR line high. The switches are set for COM1 on a Windows XP box running at 2400 baud. You'll have to change the -d or -s switch if your COM port or speed is different.

tcpser -d /dev/ttyS0 -s 2400 -l 4 -p 23 -t Ss -i"&c0"

I'm using a standard TIRS232 card in a PEB. I've gotten Telco to work with these settings, but I haven't been able to get Stuart's web browser to work yet. It says it resolves the IP address, but fails to download the page.

I know this is an older message, but I have a nanoPEB as well and looking to get online with my TI. I've been unable to find a version of TELCO or TERM80 that loads correctly from the CF card on the nanoPEB. The versions I found look like they will load, but eventually just freeze (no error).

Can someone suggest good versions to use?

Thanks!

I know this is an older message, but I have a nanoPEB as well and looking to get online with my TI. I've been unable to find a version of TELCO or TERM80 that loads correctly from the CF card on the nanoPEB. The versions I found look like they will load, but eventually just freeze (no error).

Can someone suggest good versions to use?

Thanks!

Do you have the F18A video upgrade? If so you can use the latest version of TIMXT.

The latest version of TIMXT if you have the F18A will communicate up to 38400.

Do you have the F18A video upgrade? If so you can use the latest version of TIMXT.

The latest version of TIMXT if you have the F18A will communicate up to 38400.

Hi Shift838,

I do not have the F18A video upgrade, though I've been "on the list" for quite some time and hope to have one during the next production run.

In the meantime, I'm still just trying to get TERM80 or TELCO to load from the nanoPEB (CF flash card).

Current steps:

Power on TI

Select 2 for FinalGROM 99 cartridge

Select A for Dev.

Select I for Extended Basic Plus

(Hold FCTN 4) to skip the auto LOAD process

Type CALL MOUNT (1,36) to mount VOL36 of the CF card to DSK1 (for TERM80)

Reboot TI using FCTN QUIT

Select 2 for Extended Basic Plus

Auto LOAD kicks in and starts to load TERM80. I can see the LED activity light on the nanoPEB going

After a few seconds, it just freezes here:

https://i.imgur.com/cz1tPDn.jpg

Same process (more or less) to load TELCO except I see this first screen:

https://i.imgur.com/a74cVbo.jpg

... and then this (where it freezes):

https://i.imgur.com/mmNbRhb.jpg

Any idea on what the issue could be?

Thanks!

I have never tried to load either Term80 or Telco from the nano. But....

As far as I know neither of them will work with the Nano. It took quite a bit of testing for scanning the NanoPEB source code and Insane Multitasker making various changes to TIMXT to get it working on the NanoPEB.

The reason most of the Legacy terminal communications program for the TI will not work with the NanoPEB is because of what Insane Multitasker founder out when finally able to peruse through the NanoPEB source code and I believe this would be the same case with most of the other terminal programs.

"The NanoPEB hardware is operating under the assumption that the base CRU address bit 0 must be turned on prior to accessing the 9902 and its CRU bits. While this is true for activating the ROM to show up at 0x4000, this is NOT true when you are only accessing the 9902 and related CRU bits.

A peripheral box RS232 will respond to CRU reads/writes/tests without bit 0 turned on. It seems contrary to what is written in DSR literature, so it is easy to understand how this came to be. I suspect the cards are set to respond to CRU operations within the range of the card; since no memory access takes place, this seems logical."

Now, I do know that Terminal Emulator II does work on the Nano. I have tested it with tcpser and the Nano. But you have to be able to live with 300 baud.

I'll reach out to the developer of the F18A and see if there is an ETA on any boards.

I have never tried to load either Term80 or Telco from the nano. But....

As far as I know neither of them will work with the Nano. It took quite a bit of testing for scanning the NanoPEB source code and Insane Multitasker making various changes to TIMXT to get it working on the NanoPEB.

The reason most of the Legacy terminal communications program for the TI will not work with the NanoPEB is because of what Insane Multitasker founder out when finally able to peruse through the NanoPEB source code and I believe this would be the same case with most of the other terminal programs.

"The NanoPEB hardware is operating under the assumption that the base CRU address bit 0 must be turned on prior to accessing the 9902 and its CRU bits. While this is true for activating the ROM to show up at 0x4000, this is NOT true when you are only accessing the 9902 and related CRU bits.

A peripheral box RS232 will respond to CRU reads/writes/tests without bit 0 turned on. It seems contrary to what is written in DSR literature, so it is easy to understand how this came to be. I suspect the cards are set to respond to CRU operations within the range of the card; since no memory access takes place, this seems logical."

Now, I do know that Terminal Emulator II does work on the Nano. I have tested it with tcpser and the Nano. But you have to be able to live with 300 baud.

I'll reach out to the developer of the F18A and see if there is an ETA on any boards.

Well, your explanation will sure save me a bunch more hair pulling and I thank you for taking the time to provide some background on the nanoPEB and inner workings of the TI.

I did try Terminal Emulator II (which loaded) and noticed the 300 baud limit. As such, I never did test it with my ESP8266 board. I may just to see it work.

It looks like the only real option for me is to get the F18A upgrade and obtain a copy of TIMXT that's patched for the Nano.

It's probably too early to tell, but I wonder if the pending TIPI will be compatible with these terminal programs (learning the lesson as you stated above)?

Thanks again for all the help!

as soon as I hear from Matthew about the availability ETA for an F18A I will let you know. I also may know someone that has one they never installed for sale (if he still has it). I'll check but I have not spoken with him in over a year so not sure.