IGNORED

*.ATX to *.PRO

Here's a related question -- can a PRO image be written to a real disk (in a straight-forward manner)? Unfortunately, the ATX versions definitely cannot be written out. It's unfortunate that the ATX image information cannot be "translated" to the Super Archiver or such. Maybe with the new Mega-Speedy mod, there might be a chance to get it done. (?) Sure, there are "cracked" copies of nearly all titles ever written, but for preserving the originals, nothing exists today except the "flux" copiers.

-Larry

Sorry none that I know of but why would you want to do that?, just curious

I was trying to find a way to use the *.atx files on real hardware, I have the APE SIO2PC cable and a SIO2SD but after doing do some looking Ive found that copy of atari800win that let me use *.atx files. I was able to find a workaround that let me use the file I wanted with my APE SIO2PC cable and my SIO2SD too. :-D :-o

Edited by walter_J64bit
  • Like 1

Good for you Walter! (And be assured that I mean that.)

I need to revisit this ATX topic. I was a beta tester for the (short-lived) project, and have some data and info put away. I was thinking that the user could use APE to load the images. Although I would not consider needing a flux copier to write out a disk a "straight-forward" method, hey, it's apparently the only game in town at the present. Anyway, I have a KryoFlux device, so I need to get it out and see what it can do with Phaeron's converter.

-Larry

• 1 month later...

Is there any way to take an ATX file and write it to a floppy using Happy or Archiver drives?

God knows I've tried. I can make a copy of a protected disk first time using the Archiver software with the Mega Speedy mod set to Archiver mode...no problem. Just can't get it to read a second drive through SIO2PC using VAPI with .atx files. It tries but gives an error. I'm assuming that the software is looking for an Archiver drive and SIO2PC can only emulate a standard drive

I was trying to find a way to use the *.atx files on real hardware, I have the APE SIO2PC cable and a SIO2SD but after doing do some looking Ive found that copy of atari800win that let me use *.atx files. I was able to find a workaround that let me use the file I wanted with my APE SIO2PC cable and my SIO2SD too. :-D :-o

SIO2Arduino has limited support for ATX files that you could use to load them on real hardware.

Is there software for raspberry pi 2.0 B?

Hi Marco. The quest is a bit ambiguous but I'll try to answer with info that helps. Yes, there is software for the Pi 2-B. Right now, anything that runs on the Pi 1-B will also work on the Pi 2-B. Going forward, we should expect to see some software developed that takes advantage of the Pi 2-B's hardware. Some such software may still work on the Pi 1-B but more slowly, or not at all depending.

Edited by fujidude

Hi Marco. The quest is a bit ambiguous but I'll try to answer with info that helps. Yes, there is software for the Pi 2-B. Right now, anything that runs on the Pi 1-B will also work on the Pi 2-B. Going forward, we should expect to see some software developed that takes advantage of the Pi 2-B's hardware. Some such software may still work on the Pi 1-B but more slowly, or not at all depending.

Hello Fujidude,

Thanks for the info where can i find the raspberry pi software?

Greetings Marco