IGNORED

Intellivision Roms - Zombie Marbles and Shape Escape

Rev

That's just the guy that posted the ROMs.

These are pretty old. I'm surprised no one has burned these to carts and sold them to collectors.

Maybe Mr Doherty will polish them up and work with Elektronite for a release, as he has done with Old School and Kroz? Sounds feasible.

• Like 1

Hello!

I do have the hombrew overlay image (.PNG) for Zombie Marbles posted at http://atariage.com/forums/topic/235237-intellivisionarchival-materials-kit/—just scroll down to post 13, click on the image, and choose SAVE.

I'll soon have the (.PNG) overlay image for Shape Escape. Please stay tuned. Thank You!

Regardless, you gotta have box art for your emulator! :)

attachicon.gifzombie marbles.jpgattachicon.gifshape escape.jpg

Prior to joining AA, most of the Intellivision development effort--such as it was--happened in the INTVPROG mailing list on YahooGroups. As a matter of fact, for anything non-IntyBASIC (i.e., Assembler), it still happens in the INTVPROG list--again, such as it is, meaning that there's not much traffic anymore, and it's mostly me asking questions occasionally.

-dZ.

Zombie Marbles and Shape Escape are both games by John Doherty (aka. KnechtRuprecht here on AA), author of Old School and Kroz. He also did Fire Girl, as I recall.

Unfortunately, his webpage detailing his early games was hosted on Geocities, and that's long gone. He had another home page at an ISP in Canada, and that appears dead also. I haven't been able to find a more recent home page or other web presence for him.

[EDIT: The Internet WayBack Machine captured a snapshot of one of his download pages.]

Anyway, if anyone were to put Zombie Marbles or Shape Escape on carts and sell them, I'd certainly hope you'd do it with John's blessing.

Edited by intvnut

That is so bizarre to see homebrew happening entirely outside of the view of AA. In IntyBASIC, too!

Well, that's kinda how 4-Tris, Space Patrol, Stonix, Same Game & Robots, Zombie Marbles, Fire Girl, etc... all happened. Entirely outside AA, and mainly on INTVPROG. Intellivision on AA was a relatively recent thing.

Ok, none of those were in IntyBASIC though.

it was mentioned several times before but with no acknowledgment...

The Font mercy The Font!!! lol

What's wrong with the font?

I'm going to guess he's authoring his posts in MS Word or similar and cut/pasting them into the edit box...

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 2