IGNORED

I am going to have to see this movie

Intellfan

Seems like the trailer is the best part. 1.5 hours might be a bit much of a stretch. However, I'll wait for more trailers before I decide.

On the upside, they actually got the creator of Pac-Man. That was pretty cool.

Looks like this movie was inspired by this short video from 2010.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou8vRWTSsJo

I love classic video games, but I don't think I'm the target demographic for this. It looks like Hollywood is going the Transformers route and giving classic video games the brainless action movie treatment. I don't know why I'm supposed to be excited over this.

(I also don't like obnoxious trailers that hold you down and pummel you with booming music and sound effects.)

I wonder if there are hardcore Sandler fans out there who hate retro video games and are debating whether or not to see this :)

I live with one. Although she doesn't hate retro games, I do get the eyeroll when I get excited because the organist is playing the Zelda theme at Flames games.

We've agreed to see this movie for very different reasons.

I live with one. Although she doesn't hate retro games, I do get the eyeroll when I get excited because the organist is playing the Zelda theme at Flames games.

We've agreed to see this movie for very different reasons.

because of being elite on club nintendo for several years i could have gone to the zelda orchestra concert. Never got around to it though.

Adam Sandler is capable of decent acting, but most of his films are squarely aimed at the easily amused masses, with no shortage of bodily fluid / bodily functions jokes. As long as that is kept in check, it should be a watchable movie. I'm planning to see it.