IGNORED

10 Most expensive gaming systems

Gunoz

I feel like one got missed, but perhaps it sold too poorly to count: Pioneer LaserActive

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_LaserActive

Today: $1530

1993: $970

Unit sold: +10,000

It was cool to see one for auction at last year's PRGE. It was the first time I saw or heard of one. Even my wife who isn't into games was impressed. It had a number of add-ons that allowed it to play other system's games (Sega Genesis, TurboGrafx, etc).

I feel like one got missed, but perhaps it sold too poorly to count: Pioneer LaserActive

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_LaserActive

Today: $1530

1993: $970

Unit sold: +10,000

It was cool to see one for auction at last year's PRGE. It was the first time I saw or heard of one. Even my wife who isn't into games was impressed. It had a number of add-ons that allowed it to play other system's games (Sega Genesis, TurboGrafx, etc).

i have owned several. I also owned the really rare nec (not pioneer tagged) laseractive with the nec (not pioneer tagged) pc engine adapter. (Plus pioneer branded karaoke and sega genesis)
  • Like 1

"Custom Gaming PC"???

Next up - an article on the most expensive cars every created. At #1, A $50 million dollar car that one guy had made coated in solid gold. At #2 and below, actual consumer product that has a set price point and makes sense given the context of the article.

Hell, if we're going to count that, then the Sega Genesis would come pretty close to winning, once you add on the SegaCD and 32X. Or what about the room-sized mainframes used to develop the very earliest games? I'm sure those cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Jason's infographic has been floating around for a number of years now and is much cooler.

Edited by freeweed