IGNORED

New game in development from RPC GAMES

Marius

Hi All,

From time to time I check the website from RPC Games.

I was happily surprised to see that they are apparently working on a new game, called MineME.

I wish them all the best during development, and I also hope this could be a chance to work out the issue(s) between RPC Games and AtariAge.

Anyway, good luck with the game!

Greetz

ProWizard

I was instantly heading to the website of RPC-Games

http://www.rpcgames.com.au/

Sadly there is nothing more than three little text lines in the top menu of the site stating

- Atari 8 Bit -

MineME

[ In development ]

But what I've found is a suspended sale of the game »Centron 3D« together with a page containing some (very harsh) rants from and to possible (I don't know) AtariAge forum members.

Without wanting to open up old wounds ... but may I ask what's going on there? Sounds like very underage childish behavior.

Kind regards,

Henrik (Island2Live)

Persons at RPC over-hyped Centron on the Atari, making claims of discovering a new graphics mode providing 80 flicker-free colors, etc. When questioned about this capability RPC was initially evasive, then later belligerent and abusive. Plus, the graphics presented as proof of the claims were dissected by people with the technical ability to reveal them as fake mock-ups. Well, that pretty much opened up the floodgates for abuse. The one or more people running RPC (not sure if it is multiple people or one person with a multiple personality disorder) have bandied about idle threats of lawsuits for the "deformation" of character by people on AtariAge.

The game was later released on the Amiga and as good as the graphics can be on that platform the game is a horrific thing to behold.

Contrast that to the recently released Dungeon Hunt. The author made no pretense about being a master of all things Atari, revealed (with all its imperfections) works in progress, and accepted input from the community. Consequently he received consistent support and encouragement from the people on AtariAge.

• Like 1

I hope the admins will lock this topic. I see no reason to publicise RPC Games or draw attention to them in any way: positive or negative. We must really be short of things to talk about if we think anything this idiot writes on his childish website is newsworthy.

• Like 6