IGNORED

Games that work best with the stock analog CoCo joysticks

RangerG

I have a Wico adaptor for my CoCo set-up, which lets Atari compatible sticks work. This is a great benefit for many games. But, some of the CoCo games work better with the stock analog CoCo controller. I'd like to make a list of which ones. I know it may be preference for a particular person, but list them anyway. The ones I know for sure from testing are below:

Popcorn

Bustout

Polaris

• Like 1

Project Nebula isn't bad, either. Bustout would be another one except the game makes you swing at the ball with the paddle to hit it harder, crippling what would otherwise be a very enjoyable -- if mundane -- Breakout clone. It's almost maddening how many would-be great Color Computer games were marred by arbitrarily complicated control schemes.

Canyon Climber is playable with the joystick but better with the keyboard or deluxe joystick.

The squared box area didn't seem to work as well for Doubleback IMHO

Hi JamesD. I always thought the squared box area was super helpful. Letting me know when I was pressing exactly the diagonal directions.

I have a few of these controllers from years of collecting. Some of them I used as a young person has the corners cracked in that squared box area from slamming the stick around while playing. :)

The squared box area didn't seem to work as well for Doubleback IMHO

Hi JamesD. I always thought the squared box area was super helpful. Letting me know when I was pressing exactly the diagonal directions.

I have a few of these controllers from years of collecting. Some of them I used as a young person has the corners cracked in that squared box area from slamming the stick around while playing. :)

Notice I said for Doubleback