IGNORED

The Atari interview discussion thread

Savetz

Posted (edited)

Chuckie Egg was and still is one of my favourite Atari 8-bit games, still have a lot of affection for it.  Any way, just been looking around the net for bits about the making of and found an interview with Sean Townsend, the Atari and C64 programmer.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/retro-gamer/20210930/282643215699613

Looks like he was an Atari guy back then.

Edited by deffroe

On 7/9/2024 at 9:55 PM, deffroe said:

Chuckie Egg was and still is one of my favourite Atari 8-bit games, still have a lot of affection for it.  Any way, just been looking around the net for bits about the making of and found an interview with Sean Townsend, the Atari and C64 programmer.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/retro-gamer/20210930/282643215699613

Looks like he was an Atari guy back then.

He was interviewed in Greyfox Books Atari Visual History book, back in 2019.

• Thanks 1

Hi Kay and Randy,

Has either of you sought an interview with Scott Fisher? He worked at Atari Research and later expounded upon the VR work they did there at NASA Ames where Warren Robinett, the author of "Adventure", was one of his programmers.

He's a professor at USC now and leads a team that, among other things, reconstructed the VR demos that Warren Robinett wrote for modern VR headsets.

https://cinema.usc.edu/directories/profile.cfm?id=6502

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, nonprophet said:

Hi Kay and Randy,

Has either of you sought an interview with Scott Fisher? He worked at Atari Research and later expounded upon the VR work they did there at NASA Ames where Warren Robinett, the author of "Adventure", was one of his programmers.

He's a professor at USC now and leads a team that, among other things, reconstructed the VR demos that Warren Robinett wrote for modern VR headsets.

Hi,

as for me, I did contact Scott on LinkedIN earlier this year, in fact, and did not get a response.  Would love to talk with him.

if anyone has an email or some other contact method, please let us know.

thanks!

Randy

1 hour ago, rkindig said:

I did contact Scott on LinkedIN earlier this year, in fact, and did not get a response.

I met him at AWE 2024 in Long Beach where he and his team were exhibiting their re-creations of vintage XR experiences and he was very nice and humble; he scoffed at my referring to him as a legend. Being that his latest project is retro-themed, I hope that he'd regard an interview as yet another opportunity to preseve history that might otherwise be lost forever.

Edited by nonprophet
typo
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2024 at 3:54 PM, nonprophet said:

I met him at AWE 2024 in Long Beach where he and his team were exhibiting their re-creations of vintage XR experiences and he was very nice and humble; he scoffed at my referring to him as a legend. Being that his latest project is retro-themed, I hope that he'd regard an interview as yet another opportunity to preseve history that might otherwise be lost forever.

I sent Scott an email through his USC email address and he has not yet responded.  He might not be interested.

Randy

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2024 at 4:50 PM, rkindig said:

I sent Scott an email through his USC email address and he has not yet responded.  He might not be interested.

Randy

Scott has responded and willing to do an interview.  We're planning for October.

thanks!

• Like 4

On 7/19/2024 at 1:29 PM, nonprophet said:

Hi Kay and Randy,

Interview is happening soon!