IGNORED

A GREAT BOOK!

Robert M

Hi,

I recently managed to track down and obtain a copy of an out of print book that I read long long ago. When I originally read the book it was in the local public library. The book has haunted me because it is really a great book.

The book tells how to build a video game system from discrete logic components. It includes schematics and explanations of how the circuits work to generate the TV image, player control, and sound.

If you are curious how the Atari2600 TIA chip produces the TV image, this book will provide a lot of insight into how it works. Here is a link for anyone interested in tracking down a copy:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/OopBooks/...=Build+TV+Games

Personally I want to try implementing the circuits in the book using modern day Programmable Logic Controllers. I think the results will be highly entertaining.

Cheers!

If you like that book, I have that one and more similar books in my personal collection listed at my site:

http://retrogames-r-us.tripod.com

Have a broswe around!

You might also want to look for "Electronic Games - Design, Programming and Troubleshooting" by Walter H. Buchsbaum and Robert Mauro and "Microcpmputer Controllerd Games and Toys and How They Work" by Van Waterford.

You might also want to look for "Electronic Games - Design, Programming and Troubleshooting" by Walter H. Buchsbaum and Robert Mauro and "Microcpmputer Controllerd Games and Toys and How They Work" by Van Waterford.

Thanks, those 2 books look very interesting.

Cheers!