IGNORED

Nintendo porting Mario/Zelda/Metroid to PS2?!?

theaveng

It's been 20 years since Nintendo wrote games for *other* consoles. Games like Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr, and Mario Brothers were ported to non-Nintendo consoles such as Atari 2600/5200, Intellivision, Colecovision, and even computers like Commodore=64 and Apple II.

Now, due to the depressed gaming market, Nintendo is reviving the idea of multi-console games! It's true! I can't believe it myself... seeing Mario/Zelda/Metroid on a Playstation 2. BUT I guess it is understandable since the PS2 has a 4 times as many consoles as GameCube. It would be foolish to ignore that huge profit potential.

Interesting that Nintendo's not targeting Microsoft's Xbox. I guess Xbox just isn't large enough of market? Or else Nintendo sees Microsoft as their direct competitor for #2 console sales? Hard to tell.

Anyway, what do you guys think of this development?

Troy (Sidles off)

yeap...I have heard rumor of this happening..and also continue to hear that after the successor to the GC is released...that will most likely be it for Nintendo making consoles. Heck they may already have released their last console..and just haven't officially declared that yet.

:ponder:

As long as Nintendo still has a console out, there is no way you will see a Mario, Metroid, or Zelda game on another console. Why would Nintendo do that anyways? Their first party games sell great, it's the third party games that are the problem. If Nintendo goes third party what are all these complaining developers going to do then? Make games for PC :lolblue:. Also, most PS2 and Xbox gamers say Nintendo games are "gay" so what would that solve?

There's no reason why Nintendo has to make games for other systems so why would they?

As long as Nintendo still has a console out, there is no way you will see a Mario, Metroid, or Zelda game on another console. Why would Nintendo do that anyways?

Very true, which is why I sometimes hate exclusive titles made for one particular system or for systems made by only one company. It just may inspire some people to create imitative works that have the potential to slip in some area of what game it's trying to imitate. (Though for like Jak & Daxter, which is an excellent Banjo-Kazooie/Super Mario 64 imitator, it may also surpass the original in more ways than one.)

Also, most PS2 and Xbox gamers say Nintendo games are "gay" so what would that solve?

Like there aren't or would never be any PS2 or XBox games that would deserve the descriptor "gay"! Sometimes adult-oriented games can be just as vacuous or even more so than games that are made "for kids" or "gay".