IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - April 7th 2015

Pixelboy

typo definitely . Although I agree it's usually best not to inform the wife on these particular purchases

Defiantly? Who will you be defying? Your wife or your financial advisor? In my case they are the same so I and screwed, but not in a good way;-)

• Like 1

Interesting bit about Girl's Garden, (currently 5 copies available for immediate sale above) that I learned while reading "Service Games:The Rise and Fall of SEGA" book.

http://www.amazon.com/Service-Games-Rise-Enhanced-Edition/dp/1494288354

It was the first game by the man credited as the creator of Sonic the Hedgehog, along with many of the SEGA arcade games in the 80s.

http://segaretro.org/Yuji_Naka

• Like 1

The Colecovision is shifting more and more to the MSX... :(

As someone who has never owned an MSX and has not been involved with either the homebrew scene on that system or even has an emulator for it, I'm THRILLED to see these ports on the ColecoVision. Games like Mappy and Rally-X would easily have been titles that I would have saved up my allowance as a kid to buy 30 years ago so I am more than happy to save up my allowance as an adult to buy those (and everything else on the list) now.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I am just amazed that games that are of the same or better quality as the ones I played as a kid are STILL being made today for a system that hasn't seen a retail shelf in 30 years! So huge thanks to Pixelboy and his team!

Edited by TPR

Hello ColecoVisionados!

Today's my birthday, and I can't think of a better day to spread some Team Pixelboy joy! And boy do I have a lot of news to report today! :D

I'm currently taking a web programming class at my local university this semester, and I really wanted to redo the Team Pixelboy web site using what I've learned, but the teacher in that class just gave us a humongous web programming assignment (HTML, CSS, PHP and Javascript all rolled into one, with a little JQuery to spice things up) and it would have been academic suicide to not begin working on that assignment immediately last week. I've got over 20 hours clocked on that assignment so far, and I haven't even begun the Javascript part yet! Yowser! :o

I'd like to say that I'll get around to redoing the Team Pixelboy web site as soon as the semester's over, but I may not get the chance. Keep reading and you'll see why... ;)

Download Visual Studio 2013, HTML5, CSS (with bootstrap), jQuery supported and the IntelliSense is awesome... Also, check out Microsoft Virtual Academy ... Tons of free training videos http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/...

Majikazo : The demo also contains two different title screens, and I would like you guys and gals to vote for the title screen you prefer. Please post your vote in this thread (and also your gameplay comments of the demo while you're at it).

Finally got around to playing the Majikazo demo today...i LOVE it! The first five levels feel like they have a good amount of polish to them already. I never played the MSX version so I had no idea what the gameplay was about, but I quickly figured it out within the first couple of levels. I like having to find the right color weapon to destroy the correct enemies. The controls felt good and I was impressed with the detail on both the characters and the objects in the level. Like I said, it really felt polished. Was there a game similar to this on the NES? The style of game is familiar to me, but I can't place it. I feel like there are elements of Bomberman, Pengo, Gauntlet, and Castlequest (Castle Excellent) in this one!

By my second and third plays I would most certainly playing a bit more strategic looking for specific items and weapons. I think the only stand-out constructive feedback I would give is that I felt the POW weapon was a little weak. To me it seemed like the red weapon did more damage and was more powerful. I do like the idea of collecting things throughout several levels (was always one of my favorite parts of Mr. Do! and Lady Bug) so maybe if it did a bit more like had invincibility or something that would make it more rewarding?

Overall, though, I seriously thought it was lots of fun! I played the demo 5 times in a row and was not bored of it.

Oh, and my vote for title screen goes for the one with the four characters. Looked great! Made it feel like more of a "packaged game" and less of a "homebrew" if that makes any sense.

11146080_10155441480540370_1520896473_n.jpg

Edited by TPR
  • Like 1

Finally got around to playing the Majikazo demo today...i LOVE it! The first five levels feel like they have a good amount of polish to them already. I never played the MSX version so I had no idea what the gameplay was about, but I quickly figured it out within the first couple of levels.

I should mention that Majikazo was also released for the ZX Spectrum, iOS and OSX. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9eEupvUWw0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMbzG9wRWWY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AY-B0Wz9R8

I should mention that Majikazo was also released for the ZX Spectrum, iOS and OSX. :)

Ahh, that would explain the polish. But it started out as a homebrew title, correct? That's still very impressive! I mean it feels every bit as good as an original boxed title.