IGNORED

"Dear Activision..."

mikey.shake

Nope, those were mine from the Saturday morning junior league. :)

Here's another view where the score didn't turn out but I'm glad I have it as it shows the early stages of the addiction. I'm thinking late '81 (11 years old). The 2600 was my first big purchase and I must have mowed a million lawns and shoveled a ton a snow over 1 ½ years until I had the $$$ saved up. Oddly I can remember what store each of those games came from and how much I paid.

lb2.jpg

Maybe try without the flash sometime? You should probably use no less than 1/30th second exposure, and adjust the F-stop accordingly. :P

At least 3,000 points. Get 10,000 points and the Mad Bomber has the surprised look.

BitD, I used to be able to get that "surprised look" fairly regularly. The thing I loved most about Kaboom was the difficulty. That game got difficult(almost said "hard") REAL fast.

green carpet, bowling trophies, wood grain twin dial tv, wood panel walls, atari?

It may be the most retro home pic ever.

Has the potential to be nice and warm and cozy.

Here’s a giant company, whose most profitable product (CoD) hinges on it’s connectivity, on playing in the “public sphere”, so to speak. But the more I tried to find contact information for them, the more it would route me back to the same dead end. Few official responses to anything whatsoever (not just me) on social media... a forum that seems principally moderated by the users themselves... and no readily-available contact info for the press/marketing department.
What if I were writing any other article on, say, the 33rd anniversary of a classic video game? I’m a journalist by trade, and most other companies have easily-accessible channels for press inquiries. But I feel like I’m in Dark City trying to find Shell Beach. “To contact us, use Facebook...” but there’s no way to message directly. Twitter? Same basic situation. Like they’re hiding something... like they don’t WANT us to find out more. Like they’re trying to look accessible but secretly concocting who-knows-what behind the lead curtain.
It’s like some giant... conspiracy... ;)

Eh.. Companies consider customers a liability. And the less they have to interface with them the less manpower they need and the more profits they can make. Companies are scared of saying anything to the customer too - might backfire somehow someway someday. They're not smart enough to know right and wrong. Customer contact information is always hidden and buried, if it exists at all.

Companies want to eliminate the customer and customer contact activities as much as possible. If they could eliminate them 100% and make a profit, do you think they'd hesitate one second? Hell no!

Do you think Apple wants to help troubleshoot all the iPhone issues? Fuck no. They only do so as damage control. Apple wants you to buy their stuff and then go away till next year. When you'll buy more stuff again. Otherwise you do not exist.

It does seem a bit odd that nobody there would take up the opportunity for some essentially free publicity and good will. Any kind of token gesture would do the job, especially if even a bit of thought went into it.

Too bad.

Apathy is king in the modern corporate world. Each minion does just enough to get by. No more.

Not a lot of thought has gone into anything at Activision for a few years. 30+ years. They're still milking the same cash COD without any thought whatsoever on their part - or the lemmings who think they're the epitome of fantastic multiplayer game design.

Fixed that for ya'll.

BitD, I used to be able to get that "surprised look" fairly regularly. The thing I loved most about Kaboom was the difficulty. That game got difficult(almost said "hard") REAL fast.

I'm excellent at a lot of the Activision games and cvga is hosting "The Activision Summer Quest of patches earned". I've earned 27 total patches so far. Kaboom is the one that gives me the most difficulty. I guess I don't have the reflexes or something :lol: