IGNORED

FORTRAN 4.4

atrax27407

I downloaded the FORTRAN 4.4 package from "Development Resources". When I look at the .DSK files with TIDir, I find a file with a strange filename and "58833 unknown" in the attributes filed. I can copy all of the other files to a 3.5" floppy for transport to my real TI but that file will not copy. Does anyone know what it it? Disk protection? Or something else? Is that file needed to run FORTRAN? There is a similar file in the 9640 side of the files as well. Ideas anyone?

Just checked with TIImageTool:

The image files

- "FORTRAN 9640 v4.4 - Library & Demonstration Disk.DSK"

- "FORTRAN 99 v4.4 - Boot Disk.DSK"

are corrupt (see Utility->Check filesystem). The other three are good and can be used without problems.

I finally got a good download (including the artifact file). Fortunately, the "artifact" file on both .DSK images did NOT corrupt any of the other files as far as I can tell. I was able to transfer all of the other files in the image over to my TI-99. It appears to run normally when loaded from XBASIC. Now, all I have to to is read the docs. I'll see if any problems appear once I experiment with it a bit more.

I finally got a good download (including the artifact file). Fortunately, the "artifact" file on both .DSK images did NOT corrupt any of the other files as far as I can tell. I was able to transfer all of the other files in the image over to my TI-99. It appears to run normally when loaded from XBASIC. Now, all I have to to is read the docs. I'll see if any problems appear once I experiment with it a bit more.

if this works, I would be very interested in replacing the corrupt version in the Development Resources thread. :-)

The image "FORTRAN 99 v4.4 - Boot Disk.DSK" maybe lost a file that cannot be reconstructed, but I am not sure.

Observations:

• The disk directory has the following sector pointer sequence: 0002 (BOOT), 0014 (?), 0003 (FORT41A) ... 0013 (VERSION).That means the name of the lost file is sorted between BOOT and FORT41A, and it was copied as the last file to this disk. Maybe the disk was full.
  • We have four sectors that are not used by any of the other files: 0014, 0015, 0166, and 0167. The sector 0014 should have become the FIB (file information block) of that file. Again, it seems as if the disk was almost full, and that the open space from 0014 to 0021 was about to be used. For some reason this failed. I would have expected that sector 0166 was used first; maybe the routine chose to use the smallest available sector for the FIB.
  • The sectors 0014 and 0015 are filled with e5, so there was no write operation.
  • The sectors 0166 and 0167 are copies of the sectors 0022 and 0023, containing the beginning of the BOOT program.

[Edit: Attached you can find a fixed version where I simply removed that pointer and deallocated the four sectors.]

FORTRAN 99 v4.4 - Boot Disk.DSK

Edited by mizapf

I think I managed to fix the "FORTRAN 9640 v4.4 - Library & Demonstration Disk.DSK"; see attached disk image. The lost file may have been called README, but this is just a guess.

The file is called VERSION. I just checked this with the FORTRAN 9640 copy on my hard disk.

Edited by mizapf