IGNORED

Wii Karaoke Suggestions?

Bartsfam

We are behind a generation and still use the Wii, and have not upgraded to the Wii-U. My 11 year old daughter would like to try a Wii karaoke game. Any thoughts, suggestions, or recommendations on a fun karaoke game? I see that they are very cheap at Gamestop.

Also, any suggestions on the microphone? The Gamestop I went to said that they did not sell them anymore. I see that on EBay there are numerous brands that say that they are compatible with the Wii.

And finally, not exactly the proper place to ask...but if anyone wants to get rid of their old Wii karaoke games or working microphone, PM me with what you have.

Thanks.

We are behind a generation and still use the Wii, and have not upgraded to the Wii-U. My 11 year old daughter would like to try a Wii karaoke game. Any thoughts, suggestions, or recommendations on a fun karaoke game? I see that they are very cheap at Gamestop.

Also, any suggestions on the microphone? The Gamestop I went to said that they did not sell them anymore. I see that on EBay there are numerous brands that say that they are compatible with the Wii.

And finally, not exactly the proper place to ask...but if anyone wants to get rid of their old Wii karaoke games or working microphone, PM me with what you have.

Thanks.

It really depends on what kind of music your 11 years old likes. For example, if she's still into Disney, the Disney "Sing it" line of family and pop music titles will probably be a hit with her. Especially at 11, she probably has fond memories of many Disney films and Disney pop music that she may have been into when she was younger.

Have fun searching. There's a lot out there for the Wii.

Also, check the songs to make sure that they are appropriate for an 11 years old, it all depends on which series.

We only have one proper Wii karaoke title, Karaoke Revolution and use the Konami USB microphone.

The song list is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karaoke_Revolution_(2009_video_game).

If your Wii is backwards compatible with GameCube discs, we have been playing Karaoke Revolution Party. It requires the standard GameCube microphone. The game is a more forgiving about scoring than the other game above.

Song list is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Karaoke_Revolution_songs#Karaoke_Revolution_Party_.28NTSC.29_.28the_same_as_Karaoke_Stage_2_in_Europe.29_.28also_on_Xbox_and_Gamecube.29

Thanks for all of the recommendations. In my area, the microphones are few and far between...literally 5 Gamestops before I finally found one in stock. I should have just gotten one on EBay.

Bought Rock Band, Glee Karaoke, and The Voice! My daughter loved Glee, so-so on The Voice, and hated Rock Band.

Incidentally, the kid at Gamestop said there is a shortage of guitars for these games? He said they were made flimsy, and everyone broke them, so there worth a lot now and good luck finding any. I just checked EBay though, and there were quite a few of them. I don't know what he was talking about...

My first guitar was a third party clone for PS2. Still works except for the whammy stick thing. Kind of flimsy but has lasted a long time.

Second guitar is the official one that came with one of the later Guitar Hero games and it is rock solid. Feels three times heavier than the first one. Definitely not flimsy.

My friend has broken two sets of Guitar Hero drums but that is after hundreds of hours of use.

If your daughter is more interested in pop music than rock try Band Hero.