IGNORED

Vintage Computer Festival East - April 17-19, 2015, Wall, New Jersey

Bill Lange

Hello all,

I forgot to mention that I met Beatrice and John Hill at the show. John wrote and produced the music for a promotional video about Pole Position in 1983 and won a Clio for
his efforts. Beatrice emailed me the mp3 file. More very nice people that I met at the show. I hope that Atarimania doesn't mind me posting the link to the video.

http://www.atarimania.com/videos/commercial_2600_pole_position.flv

Atari - pole position.mp3

Edited by redman
  • Like 1

Fletch,

That's a very interesting picture of Midimaze running on Atari 800 thru a Falcon030. Could all of those machines play against each other? I was not aware this was possible, and did not know the game ran on the Falcon.

I think this exhibit would make a good story - would like to read it.

Hello guys

I tought I taw a camera (as Tweety would say). Looks like they somehow connected a camera to a C= PET. If a PET can do that, an Atari should be able to do that too.

Sincerely

Mathy

PS I did, I did!

Edited by Mathy

Fletch,

That's a very interesting picture of Midimaze running on Atari 800 thru a Falcon030. Could all of those machines play against each other? I was not aware this was possible, and did not know the game ran on the Falcon.

I think this exhibit would make a good story - would like to read it.

Forrest,

The ST version of Midi-Maze runs wonderfully on the Falcon. I think the extra Mhz helps the frame rate a tad.

For my exhibit, I had a 130XE with a Wizztronics Midi-Max adaptor, a 1040ST, a Mega 2, and the Falcon all connected. I could have added more 8-bits, but I only have the one Midi-Max.

Keep your eyes on the forums for VCF Southeast updates as the ANTIC Podcast guys were also having Midi-Maze there. I believe they were just using 8-bits though.

-Pete

Hello guys

I tought I taw a camera (as Tweety would say). Looks like they somehow connected a camera to a C= PET. If a PET can do that, an Atari should be able to do that too.

Sincerely

Mathy

PS I did, I did!

Mathy,

It was amazing. Mike Hill had two iPhones in a stereoscope made of cardboard wirelessly connected to his MacBook Pro which in turn sent the video to the PET. The PET then displayed the video from the stereoscope in PETSCII on the screen in realtime.

Really great guy. His parents were the people Redman mentioned made the music for old Atari commercials. They were all way smarter people than I could ever wish to be.

Here is a Hackaday article about the PET : http://hackaday.com/2015/04/18/vcf-east-x-virtual-reality-with-petscii/

Edited by Fletch