IGNORED

GameStop to Offer Classic Consoles and Games

I have zero interest but for anyone who wants more info....here's an interview Wired did with a lot more details:

http://www.wired.com/2015/04/gamestop-classic-retro-games/

hehe:

" For the pilot program, Haes says that stores will have a single SKU in their point-of-sale systems for each game. That means GameStop will offer one flat price, whether you’ve got a loose game cartridge or one with its original box and manual."

This scares me. If they would take the time to photograph and individualize the sale of these items on their website then they could charge more. I know they sell a lot of games online, so even if their retail stores shut down, they could be a valuable point online to look for classic gaming stuff. But if it all gets the same sku then that means no photos, no descriptions . . . asinine

Yeah I know, also when you buy a game on their site there used to be a blurb that said something like "this game may not come with a box or manual". Always found that annoying to see.

I have to hand it to Gamefly, I've bought a lot of "used" games from them over the years and it's always brand new. Box is perfect, game looks like it's never been played. Big thumbs up to Gamefly.

Eating rid of the manual is like castrating the game. And some games need the inf contained therein in order to get full enjoyment.

If you ask me this is just another faceless greedy corporation trying to implement a scheme for profit. Whatever it may be. Without regard for the good of the gamer. Typical bastardized corporation.

• Like 1

The one thing that annoys me is seeing 7-8 copies of Windwalker for $50 a pop. It is not that rare, but people will pay I guess.

It's the 4th best selling game for the platform.

Sadly for those that didn't buy them earlier on, many of the priciest GameCube games today are those that were the best received when they were new that led the sales charts.

There must be plenty of dopes buying used games on Gamestop's website, and I assume the same dummies will continue to do so with retro games. As for trading in, will they have all the systems they're accepting in all the stores? I doubt it. What's to stop people from removing a label from SMB/Duck Hunt and replacing it with a $25 game? The store won't be able to test it.

It's the 4th best selling game for the platform.

Sadly for those that didn't buy them earlier on, many of the priciest GameCube games today are those that were the best received when they were new that led the sales charts.

This is why I'm so glad I didn't give away most of my GCN collection.

Edited by omegadot

Collecting for Nintendo these days is for the insane. There are plenty of copies to go around yet they go for ridiculous prices. Not only that but the games are available everywhere either in digital form or HD remakes. Glad I got what I needed to get in the 90's and I've never traded\sold anything after that....but its nice to know I can make money off idiots if I did want to sell them. :o

Collecting for Nintendo these days is for the insane. There are plenty of copies to go around yet they go for ridiculous prices. Not only that but the games are available everywhere either in digital form or HD remakes. Glad I got what I needed to get in the 90's and I've never traded\sold anything after that....but its nice to know I can make money off idiots if I did want to sell them. :o

I wish I hadn't sold my stuff off, but I really wasn't play it at the time and there was unemployment and bills.

I don't miss it all that much as other collections of stuff I want to play have grown with better times... too much actually.....

I wish I hadn't sold my stuff off, but I really wasn't play it at the time and there was unemployment and bills.

I don't miss it all that much as other collections of stuff I want to play have grown with better times... too much actually.....

I wouldn't worry about it at all. I hardly go back and play anything cause I dont have the time. The only reason I don't sell things off is because I did that once with the GC and DC and I ended up buying everything back again at which point I told myself I wouldn't ever be doing that again.

I'm positive it's my age group (I'm 29) or slightly younger. We've gotten decent jobs in the last few years, have young kids, and crave our gaming youth.

My "gaming youth" never went away. :P I've been playing the same NES games (and SNES games, and PS1 games, and Odyssey 2 games...) I had as kid for the last 25 years, more or less steadily. When I crave it, I just get it out and set it up. :)

My "gaming youth" never went away. :P I've been playing the same NES games (and SNES games, and PS1 games, and Odyssey 2 games...) I had as kid for the last 25 years, more or less steadily. When I crave it, I just get it out and set it up. :)

I'd have to say the much the same thing.

My Sega Genesis has had steady play ever since I got it back in '92. I'd be surprised if a full month has passed where it hasn't been played! Sometimes I'm really busy or traveling so it's possible... but unlikely!

My other two loves are the VCS and SMS, both are responsible for my gaming addiction being the other two gaming systems I had growing up, but the Genesis... that's the hub of my gaming... everything seems to come back to that system in one way or another, even in regard to modern games I play today.