IGNORED

Coco3 and SDC questions

eebuckeye

I finally tried my SDC and it works great but I have a few questions..

- Where is the best place to download .dsk images? I have quite a few but see games in .ccc format that are not in my .dsk collection (such as GFL football and Silpheed).

- Is there a way to use ccc files?

- Is there an easier way to use dsk files or do you have to mount the disk then use like a regular disk? Is there a dsk image selector program?

- My screen has vertical lines. I attached a picture but it is not great and shows horizontal lines that I do not see on the tv. Mainly curious if the vertical lines are 'normal'.

- Most of the dsk files work fine but a few files on the dsk will not load. Is there a way to fully test the Coco3 to make sure nothing is wrong with it?

- Some dsk files (such as Pacman) mount fine but look corrupt when I do a directory. Is this normal? How would I load the program with disk like this?

I've never used a Coco before so everything is new!

Thanks!!

post-25646-0-88714100-1429748119_thumb.jpg

I finally tried my SDC and it works great but I have a few questions..

- Where is the best place to download .dsk images? I have quite a few but see games in .ccc format that are not in my .dsk collection (such as GFL football and Silpheed).

- Is there a way to use ccc files?

- Is there an easier way to use dsk files or do you have to mount the disk then use like a regular disk? Is there a dsk image selector program?

- My screen has vertical lines. I attached a picture but it is not great and shows horizontal lines that I do not see on the tv. Mainly curious if the vertical lines are 'normal'.

- Most of the dsk files work fine but a few files on the dsk will not load. Is there a way to fully test the Coco3 to make sure nothing is wrong with it?

- Some dsk files (such as Pacman) mount fine but look corrupt when I do a directory. Is this normal? How would I load the program with disk like this?

I've never used a Coco before so everything is new!

Thanks!!

Go here and download Briza's collection. That is just about everything :)

ftp://ftp.tandycoco.com/dsk_imgs/rs-dos

• Like 1

Here you go. You need to go to the CoCoList. A member there named Gustavo Ranuar Schoenaker converted/renamed the games from the www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Disks/Games/ to CoCoSDC compatible on 2/22/2015. It is a must-have for the CoCoSDC, works great.

Does Sinistaar and Warrior King work? They still don't work with drivewire.

Good question Official Ninja, I need to check those. When I do, I'll post.

They don't work with DW, but the images can be made to real floppy and then played. So its good that the copy protection was broken with out having to do several patches to the disks to make them work. (As previously was done.)

Actually Sinistaar works fine when written to disk, but Warrior King crashes when you press the button to open the gate and play. Would be nice if the person who patched it was informed about that so maybe he can fix it.

Here you go. You need to go to the CoCoList. A member there named Gustavo Ranuar Schoenaker converted/renamed the games from the www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Disks/Games/ to CoCoSDC compatible on 2/22/2015. It is a must-have for the CoCoSDC, works great.

The interesting thing is that if you go to the site and download the excel spreadsheet it states many of the games do not work with the Coco3 which is confusing to me.