IGNORED

PC Engine Noob

PC Engine (white one) is the original model. The earliest one comes with controller that do NOT have rapid fire feature. Later one has rapid fire feature. PCE has only RF output so it may not work on newer TV that don't have old analog tuner that goes to channel 90-something.

CoreGrafx has AV out and a minor revision to a CPU. They are dark grey with blue lettering.

CoreGrafx II also has dark grey but with orange lettering, and they went back to original CPU for some unknown reason. Also does AV.

The PCE CD system matches the original white PCE and looks out of place with dark grey CoreGrafx systems.

All will work with Turbo Everdrive.

There is also a PC Engine Shuttle, it looks a bit like an alien ship from Star Trek universe. The rear expansion connector is different sized and will NOT work with any other PC Engine CD or accessories. There are PCE Shuttle memory banks that fits the Shuttle system. Shuttle will also work with TED and any of PCE controllers.

all of PCE controllers works with Turbo Duo controllers. TG-16 is the only one with different controller port size and needs an adapter to use PCE and Duo controllers.

• Like 2

I bought a TG-16 on ebay which will be here in about 7 days. I remember seeing the TG-16 at my friends house in the early 90's. I really didn't appreciate it at the time. I was a SNES snob I guess. But recently I have been checking out the Shmups, and I am blown away by the capabilities of the TG-16! Maybe I will get an everdrive. I don't know if the TG-16 is region locked or not. I will try to learn more about this unique system as I go along.

TG16 will only play US hucards, pcengine will only play Japanese hucards. Everdrive let's you play us and japanese roms on either console. Just an fyi, everdrive v 2 is in development so might want to wait til it comes out, unless you want one now. If you get a CD system for either, it is not region locked so you can play US and Japanese games on either a Turbo duo US or Japanese version.

• Like 1

If possible, go with Duo-R. Later version, nicier color. RX is just R with 6 button controller as pack in controller, don't overpay for a few extra buttons that most games won't use.

And a lot of people argue that the RX controller is not as good as other 6 button third party options.

• Like 1

I a lot of people say that a new version of the everdrive will come out soon, after which the current everdrives go down in price in addition to being a better (supposedly) option than the current everdrive. I have been considering getting an everdrive for a long while now, considering the cost of most good pce/tg16 games, it would pay for itself quickly.

I have been keeping my eye on this site for the new one, I think that it's a good option but I am interested to hear what other people suggest :)

http://shop.krikzz.com/

I ordered mine from the above site, and its on its way. I have my micro SD formatted and filled and ready to go.

Maybe I should get one for the Sega and Super Nintendo also?

By the way, my turbografx is kinda beat up, and I notice someone is selling PAL versions for $150 nib. While open boxed versions of the NTSC are $400 and up. Has anyone purchased the PAL version and put the guts of the NTSC into it?

Just wanted to clear something up: not all Duos play CD-Rs fine. For quite a few of them, the laser will get stuck. Happened to mine. Was so excited to get a Duo that I immediately burned CV Dracula X, only to have the laser get stuck after the first level. It was an easy fix, but it means I can't play any burned games on it. That's generally fine with me, but still, wish I could play some of the more expensive games that I can't buy yet.

Just wanted to clear something up: not all Duos play CD-Rs fine. For quite a few of them, the laser will get stuck. Happened to mine. Was so excited to get a Duo that I immediately burned CV Dracula X, only to have the laser get stuck after the first level. It was an easy fix, but it means I can't play any burned games on it. That's generally fine with me, but still, wish I could play some of the more expensive games that I can't buy yet.

Can't you just adjust the pots on the laser? I had to do that with mine. I also replaced the laser with a new one.

Would that keep it from getting stuck mechanically? I think it's going past a point where it can't reach, not that the laser wasn't strong enough to read something, but I'm far from an expert. Any information you have on this would be greatly appreciated.

Would that keep it from getting stuck mechanically? I think it's going past a point where it can't reach, not that the laser wasn't strong enough to read something, but I'm far from an expert. Any information you have on this would be greatly appreciated.

Yes I believe so. There are pots that control things like spinning speed and boundaries for the laser. I'm not an expert by any means, but do a search on the TurboDuo pot adjusts

I ordered mine from the above site, and its on its way. I have my micro SD formatted and filled and ready to go.

Maybe I should get one for the Sega and Super Nintendo also?

By the way, my turbografx is kinda beat up, and I notice someone is selling PAL versions for $150 nib. While open boxed versions of the NTSC are $400 and up. Has anyone purchased the PAL version and put the guts of the NTSC into it?

The case styling is different on the PALGrafx, but I think the form factor is the same so hypothetically this should be possible albeit sacrilegious.

Are the visual imperfections deep into the plastic? Maybe a quick rub down with a magic eraser will solve a lot of your blemish issues. I always get sad to hear of items being destroyed unless they're beyond repair, but it's yours to do with what you wish :)

• Like 1

The case styling is different on the PALGrafx, but I think the form factor is the same so hypothetically this should be possible albeit sacrilegious.

Are the visual imperfections deep into the plastic? Maybe a quick rub down with a magic eraser will solve a lot of your blemish issues. I always get sad to hear of items being destroyed unless they're beyond repair, but it's yours to do with what you wish :)

Gredler, you bring up an interesting point, as well as an idea I hadn't thought of. If they only sold 2.5 million in North America, these systems are kinda rare and should be preserved. Also, at 25 years old, its allowed to have some battle scars, at least its still running. I will try the magic eraser and see if I can brighten it up a little bit.

Serial# 9X78262HB

I got my turbo everdrive 2 days ago from the ukraine. works great, I highly recommend it. i have been looking on craigslist for a 2nd tg-16. after playing cratermaze up to level 13, my hand started to ache a little : ) so i decided the next purchase should be a turbo stick. what a great system, i really wish i had bought one in the 90's.