IGNORED

Gatefold boxes ???? Need some info...

Mock

Ok I see the regular Atari 'Original 9' with the Gatefold Boxes...but what about the Sears Gatefolds?

Anyone have any kind of idea what they are worth complete or even how many games came with gatefold boxes for sears?

Here is some minimal info on the Atari Gatefolds in case you don't know WTF I am talking about...

http://www.atariage.com/label_page.html?LabelID=3

Anyone know anything?

Mock :D

Anyone have any kind of idea what they are worth complete or even how many games came with gatefold boxes for sears?

The Sears gatefold boxes were not of any value to me .. I trashed all of them in the late 1970s :sad: The first 9 Sears carts came in these boxes .. and we had them all (with the exception of Math).

If you never see them on eBay .. well imagine that they are worth $25 each.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

the sears gatefolds sell for about $5-$10 on ebay. math or a complete race will sell for more, target fun and tank plus sell for less. most of the time, you cannot tell if it is a gatefold from the photo, so you have to email the seller and ask. i believe (not certain) there were two different sears book-styles, one with a glossy look and another with a matte appearance.

in my opinion, the toughest one to find is the version of Race with the outer box with the hang tag.

atari label history:

around september of 1982, atari switched from the black labels (star raiders) to the silver style labels (rs baseball)

from 1982-1984, new releases had silver labels, some with the smaller picture like rs baseball, some with the nearly full label picture like waterworld.

in 1985, there were no new 2600 titles released

from 1986 onward, new releases came in the red label

you will find silver label re-releases with newer copyright dates from 1985-1988. many of the 1987 and 1988 releases are more gray than silver. i'm not sure when the silver-to-gray transition was, nor if it is exclusive (i.e. not sure if all 1988's are gray and not silver).

there are also several red label re-releases with different copyright dates from 1987-1989. oddly enough, the red label NTSC re-release of space invaders has a 1980 copyright and the red yars revenge has a 1981 copyright.