IGNORED

The Greatest ColecoVision Controller Ever Created

Hannacek

I would challenge anyone to say this is not the "Greatest ColecoVision Controller Ever Created". It does what no other ColecoVision controller has ever done, combine the best alternate ColecoVision controller, with the full functionality of the original ColecoVision controller.

I sell them on ebay for $62.99 with free domestic shipping (in the US), and USPS worldwide shipping.

The NES controller's design is simplistic yet efficient; it has both the left and right buttons, and it is connected to the original controller, which gives you full functionality with games that require using the keypad.

I only use genuine OEM Nintendo parts. I also make other Colecovision controllers, including a Sega Genesis version of this item.

You can use this link if you are interested, or search for "ColecoVision mod controller" on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/theretroa-team/m.html?item=301583684542&hash=item4637c9d3be&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

$_57.JPG

Edited by Hannacek

I would challenge anyone to say this is not the "Greatest ColecoVision Controller Ever Created". It does what no other ColecoVision controller has ever done, combine the best alternate ColecoVision controller, with the full functionality of the original ColecoVision controller.

My Radica Space Invaders conversion does that... :D

No disrespect intended to the O.P., but using a Gamepad to play on the CV/Adam just does not cut it for me and I have tried a couple different ones over the years including a converted Famicom Network Gamepad... which I ended up selling.

I guess you can say that I'm a creature of habit seeing as I do like using gamepads on other systems.

The stock controller that has been modded with a ball knob and straightened cord is still the way to go. The very best controller is DoubleDown's modded DK and Pac-Man controllers seeing as the extended shaft and larger ball knob offer the best response... especially for diagonal movements.

I've tried to like the Coleco controllers even with the knob but forget about it. Hand cramps galore.

If you want to play with the big boys using your Coleco made Hand Controller (modded or not), checkout the following link and get busy! :P

https://www.google.com/search?q=hand+exercises&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7MXGB_enUS533&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=o-k-VfGJMcvOsQSuzIHgBA&ved=0CFIQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=669

This video should offer some tips as well, but if neither of these work, just do what I do and have some alone time in the bathroom to strengthen your grip. :-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DayQeLkc710

Edited by NIAD

If you want to play with the big boys using your Coleco made Hand Controller (modded or not), checkout the following link and get busy! :P

https://www.google.com/search?q=hand+exercises&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7MXGB_enUS533&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=o-k-VfGJMcvOsQSuzIHgBA&ved=0CFIQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=669

This video should offer some tips as well, but if neither of these work, just do what I do and have some alone time in the bathroom to strengthen your grip. :-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DayQeLkc710

Well that's the problem. My hands are too big and too strong for these controllers that were designed for children :P :D

And no they didn't get this strong in the bathroom, lmao! :mad:

• Like 1

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about which controller is best. Except for the Master System. That controller is awful. It uses a squircle for the D pad. An idea so bad it was never used again, until Microsoft's 2nd generation Zune. And even Microsoft abandoned it in their later generation Zunes.

I am still working on my PS controller. Would you want to use the analogue stick, or the D pad, or both? I trying figure out what to do.

The NES controller is easy to move diagonally, just push both directions at once. It's not difficult. There are so few games that even use diagonal movement, its not a big concern if you do find it difficult.

The SMS controller might be easier to move diagonally, but it can be awkward for going in straight directions. Which becomes a problem with the vast majority of games that only use straight directions.

Sega just copied the NES controller, and made the minimal changes required to not get sued. The design is just a cheap knock off.

• Like 1

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Grips Arcade Controller yet.. Its simply the best, my favorite at least.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/232947-colecovision-arcade-controllers/

I tend to use that for most games, as well a converted Famicom controller.

I also use a stock controller with ball top, it just depends on the game I'm playing and what it 'calls' for..

I'm sure $200 plus shipping is justified for all the parts and labor to build it, all the time and shipping costs to gather the materials, and some profit to justify the effort of making it. But that's just too much money to spend on a controller.