IGNORED

HSC12 Round 7: Sheer Balloonacy

Since I've discovered that "Clowns and Balloons" is so much more fun playing with paddles, I was wondering if paddles could be used to play any of the other games this round. I figured that "Pinhead" would have a paddle-play mode built-in, but if it does then I can't find it.

Since I've discovered that "Clowns and Balloons" is so much more fun playing with paddles, I was wondering if paddles could be used to play any of the other games this round. I figured that "Pinhead" would have a paddle-play mode built-in, but if it does then I can't find it.

Yes Pinhead and Balloonacy would be perfect candidates :thumbsup: So we have out first suggestion for the end of 1/2 season "Up the Creek 2" (paddles games) so grab a set if you haven't got some HSCers :)

Improved on C&B Adv 73,480 new tables later...

Next game poll, hopefully back to regular 1 game over 2 weeks? ;) ;)

You're always so keen to play less :-D

Next poll will be later in the week as something is afoot :grin:

Please help with Duck Arrow Balloon. as I don't get it. I've been unable to burst balloons at all. I get points for flying across the screen, a lose points for... I don't know what. I'll be up with a score about 300 just from flapping across the screen, but then my score decreases. It would be helpful if this made sense to me.

Please help with Duck Arrow Balloon. as I don't get it. I've been unable to burst balloons at all. I get points for flying across the screen, a lose points for... I don't know what. I'll be up with a score about 300 just from flapping across the screen, but then my score decreases. It would be helpful if this made sense to me.

Ok I'll make this up... Just hold fire steer up and down to angle the old bird and fly into the balloons' middle. When they get to the top their payload (blocks) can then drop onto you knocking you down and losing you points. Avoid the arrows. Every so often the day/weather changes and you have more of the same. Some sort of mutant Joust PTerry seems to be after you too :-o

This is the wildcard game - so anyone can win this one ;-)

Right those updated tables coming up next! HERE it's getting interesting... JK40001 now has the most game points and is tied with me for winning the most games so noone gets the bonus point. I'm ahead of SHiNjide on goal difference (Pinhead scores decide ties). Remeber the first man challenges on Pinhead and Pooyan guys and the HSC record points too - see first post for all the details :)

Edited by therealbountybob

I've been playing "Crazy Clown Jumper" quite a bit. It's super fun! I looked the original game's instructions up in the May 1989 issue of ANALOG. I love the picture that is printed for the game. I stiched the two-page magazine spread together. (I had to place a white space betwene the picture, because the original scan didn't get the magazine's margins). Check it out:

post-4925-0-82102800-1431474639_thumb.jpg

I've also taken the three-page ANALOG article (minus the type-in machine language program) and made a new pdf. Read the docs, as they're worth looking through.

Crazy Clown Jumper (Brad Timmons)(ANALOG)(May 1989).pdf

For those that are programmers, the complete source code for the game is included on the magazine's disk, which I've attached, here:

Analog Computing 72 1989-05 Ultimate Graphics Converter.atr

I'm glad unknown games like this pop up on the HSC. This one is a real find for me!

• Like 1

I've been playing "Crazy Clown Jumper" quite a bit. It's super fun! I looked the original game's instructions up in the May 1989 issue of ANALOG. I love the picture that is printed for the game. I stiched the two-page magazine spread together. (I had to place a white space betwene the picture, because the original scan didn't get the magazine's margins). Check it out:

attachicon.gifCrazy Clown Pic.jpg

I've also taken the three-page ANALOG article (minus the type-in machine language program) and made a new pdf. Read the docs, as they're worth looking through.

attachicon.gifCrazy Clown Jumper (Brad Timmons)(ANALOG)(May 1989).pdf

For those that are programmers, the complete source code for the game is included on the magazine's disk, which I've attached, here:

attachicon.gifAnalog Computing 72 1989-05 Ultimate Graphics Converter.atr

I'm glad unknown games like this pop up on the HSC. This one is a real find for me!

Thanks for this background, I would have had no idea where the game came from. I'll have a look through.

I can feel a bonus point or two coming on, if Bob is feeling generous!

• Like 1

CCJ: Having read the instructions, kindly provided by BallyValley, I learnt that you could do extra big jumps, and that there was a bonus man for reaching level 6!

So I got to level 6 and gained the extra man! 4300

It seems on this game that if you have the patience you could just stay on level 1 and keep collecting points, this gets extremely boring though!

post-29593-0-63917900-1431501430_thumb.png

Edited by McKong

CCJ: Having read the instructions, kindly provided by BallyValley, I learnt that you could do extra big jumps, and that there was a bonus man for reaching level 6!

So I got to level 6 and gained the extra man! 4300

It seems on this game that if you have the patience you could just stay on level 1 and keep collecting points, this gets extremely boring though!

I'll give it a try just to see if the game is flawed...

C&B Expert 34,400 those darn jittery clowns!