IGNORED

Thoughts on Obelix value

landsmarra

Guys,

What would you estimate the value of a boxed complete NTSC Obelix to be

Someone wants to trade me for one (asked not to be identified) ;)

Steve

An authentic NTSC boxed copy? Well I'm probably shooting low here, but it's gotta be worth $100 at a MINIMUM, I'd think. Undoubtedly much more.

i'd say an unopened NTSC boxed obelix would be worth $200. but then, an opened box, how can you tell if it is an NTSC game put inside a PAL box? if you want a boxed NTSC obelix, just buy the cart and pick up the box&docs for cheaper from europe. but then, maybe that is what the unidentified trader has already done for you :roll: .

Got anything I need http://www.cpuwiz.com/Wantlist.html ?  

Most Wanted: Mangia' - manual only  

Rarity 8:

Halloween – Manual & Box

the rarity=8 halloween with no label did not come with a manual and box. no wait, it did come with a blank piece of paper in a blank cardboard box. i have several of these if you need them :twisted: i can even sign them "guaranteed original" if you want.

actually, i have extra originals of halloween and texas chainsaw manuals, saw them this weekend while going thru extras. i thought i had a quest for quintana roo manual too, but i didn't see it. might be able to work out a trade.

maybe the question should be re-phrased:

what is the difference between the NTSC and PAL boxes?

If you view the PAL box indoors in the U.S., where the electrical lighting is fed by 60 Hz power, the box will flip and flip and flip unless you hold onto it in a vertical direction.

Ben

If you view the PAL box indoors in the U.S., where the electrical lighting is fed by 60 Hz power, the box will flip and flip and flip unless you hold onto it in a vertical direction.

Ben

some people just can't resist :roll:

so, here is another straight line:

what is the difference between the NTSC manual and the PAL manual?

(other than you see the PAL manual with a greater frequency :lolblue: )

The difference is the font style of the word Obelix on the front of the box.  8)

i wish i had both sitting in front of me right now, but i'll have to wait til i get home to compare. are you looking at boxes with the same copyright date? i think the 83 box has the fat font like this:

http://www.atariage.com/box_page.html?Soft...90&BoxStyleID=6

while the 1986 box is like the PAL one shown on atariage:

http://www.atariage.com/box_page.html?Soft...29&BoxStyleID=3

unfortunately, i believe the PAL 1983 box looks just like the NTSC 1983 box. if you have PAL & NTSC boxes from 1983 that are different, could you post a side-by-side picture?

Uhm, the first link is a Asterix box.  :ponder:  

right, but there isn't a 1983 obelix box pic on atariage i could link to. the asterix box shows the fat font, just like the 1983 obelix cart on atariage. i was just pointing out the font used for the "ASTERIX" text on the box.

ahhhh, you noticed that one too. my obelix has the N sticker on the end flap. that is the not-so-obvious-secret, that is the one for sure sign it is an NTSC box. but that is also what atari did with the boxes they sold in canada...and problably in some cities that border canada. the multi-language boxes were distributed in both europe and canada. atari put the N sticker on the multi-language boxes that had NTSC games in them. i've always wondered if there is an obelix box that was distributed in the US with only english on the box & instructions.