IGNORED

So what did ya'll pick up at Philly

Nateo

Disease!  I swear somone at Philly gave me something.  I've been feeling like crap since I got back.  Anyone else get sick over the weekend?

Tempest

I've been sick since Monday, drippy nose and congested chest. I'm just now finally starting to get over it.

That Off Road went WAY too cheap.  I ended up selling it for 300 bucks at the auction.  If it meant not hauling it home, and it was a somewhat reasonable offer, it was going to be sold!  

Maxime, I managed to go the entire show and not see you.  Would love to have said hi.   I think I managed to say hi to everyone else at the show?  Ok, maybe not Albert, who was busier than a one armed ape!

Cassidy

That big box Tempest has was a riot.  Talk about buying without thinking!  ;)

You probabaly could have gotten double what your was on the Battlezone!!

I got an absolutely ton of stuff, but the best was my copy of Glib for the very reasonable price of $100. It's in excellent condition, too; there are no flaws on the label but the cart itself is every-so-lightly warped. Plays great.

A few things I can think of include:

2600: Polaris, Jawbreaker, Space Treat, Rvg. of the Apes, Snow White, Gunflight, Space Instigators, Alligator People, Thrust, Polo, Custer's Revenge, Cosmic Commuter

7800: Barnyard Blaster, Galaga, Ninja Golf (SEALED!), Winter Games, Robotron, RS Baseball, Fight Night, Meltdown

Sega CD: Lethal Enforcers, two copies, CIB, except one was missing the gun. I HAD to take the second copy in order to get the first.

Lynx: Qix

About a dozen T-shirts, including PC4, PC3, Quarter Arcade, Metal Gear Solid and AA (many of these thanks to my wife).

There's more, I'm sure, I just can't think of it all right now.

I've listed my Odyssey 2 stuff in another thread, so here's the 2600 stuff.

Beamrider (loose from another seller but then Cassidy gave me a box and manual. Thanks!)

Montezuma's Revenge

Star Wars Arcade

Spacemaster X-7 ($15)

Quick Step

Fathom

Shrinkwraped Xenophobe (PAL) ($12)

Tunnel Runner

Solar Fox

Mountain King

Gangster Alley

Popeye

Tutankham (pronounced 2 tank 'em)

GI Joe

Buck Rogers Planet of Zoom

From the AA Store

Gunfight

Thrust DC

SCSIcide

Foot pedal controller

Beamrider (loose from another seller but then Cassidy gave me a box and manual.  Thanks!)

I was SOOOOOOOOOOO jealous when you said that. I don't even have the game, let alone the box and manual. D'oh! But still I must congratulate you, you had quite the haul. If I don't already have Cosmic Commuter and Beamrider by Vegas, I +will+ be buying them. I must complete my Activision collection. Must I say, must! *cackling insanely*

PS: I always pronounced it tooten-common since childhood for some reason, and to this day I can't break the habit. Stan's quite the wiz at the arcade version too. :o

Beamrider (loose from another seller but then Cassidy gave me a box and manual.  Thanks!)

I was SOOOOOOOOOOO jealous when you said that. I don't even have the game, let alone the box and manual. D'oh! But still I must congratulate you, you had quite the haul. If I don't already have Cosmic Commuter and Beamrider by Vegas, I +will+ be buying them. I must complete my Activision collection. Must I say, must! *cackling insanely*

Good thing I didn't say anything about getting it for $12. :D

PS: I always pronounced it tooten-common since childhood for some reason, and to this day I can't break the habit.  Stan's quite the wiz at the arcade version too. :o

Ha, bit of an inside joke there. Stan was telling Tigger, Aimee and myself outside the show about this great game 2 tank 'em. We had no idea what he was talking about. So we asked some questions and finally figured out which game he was talking about. :D

Hey Nate, whats up??

Anyways, for all you other people... i picked up an atari 800xl, atari 1010, and an atari 1050... i also got around 10 cartridges, including donkey kong, qix, popeye, basic, and pilot... i want to get an assembler cartridge 2.... (i have more 800 cartridges than Nate!!! :razz: )

-Matt

I'm still sorta' checking my purchases out. Thanks to Cassidy & Nicole who bought me an extra suitcase to carry stuff in (it really was packed to the gills!) I bought in total 81 carts for the 2600 (37 boxed) as well as some spare manuals and boxes.

I still can barely believe that I spent $620 just during Friday evening!

Oh well, Philly comes but once a year. :)

I got a little sick after going. My girlfriend has a sinus infection, but she didn't go.

Anyways, here's what I picked up from my first time to Philly Classic:

Pacman:

-------

Pacman Collectibles Book

Pacman Glass Mug

Pacman Iron-on patch

Pacman pen (free)

Atari 2600:

-----------

Atari 2600 Jr. System $30

1 set of paddles $10

Atari 2600 Games:

-----------------

Donkey Kong Jr.

Frogger

Ice Hockey

Jr. Pacman (boxed)

Mash

Mr. Do

Ms. Pacman (boxed)

Okie Dokie

Outlaw

Pacman Arcade

Pitfall II

Return of Mario Bros.

Space Invaders Arcade

Warlords

Winter Games

SNES:

-----

Mortal Kombat

Miscellaneous:

--------------

Philly Classic T-shirt (blue, medium)

Mario pin

2 RF -> Coax converters

--

jason

I'm still sorta' checking my purchases out.  Thanks to Cassidy & Nicole who bought me an extra suitcase to carry stuff in (it really was packed to the gills!) I bought in total 81 carts for the 2600 (37 boxed) as well as some spare manuals and boxes.

Whew! It's a relief to know someone spent more than I did! I spent all my money Friday night, BORROWED MORE, and spent all of THAT Friday night.

But not quite as much as you, Osmeroid. Very close, but not quite. :D

Of course, I only bought 17 2600 carts... I spent almost $300 just at the AA store!! I also got about two dozen 7800 carts, many boxed.

I'm still sorta' checking my purchases out.  Thanks to Cassidy & Nicole who bought me an extra suitcase to carry stuff in (it really was packed to the gills!) I bought in total 81 carts for the 2600 (37 boxed) as well as some spare manuals and boxes.

That's the spirit. :D

Ok, I know this isn't everything but it's all I can remember:

Atari 7800:

Pete Rose Baseball (4 carts to go!)

Atari 5200:

Pac-Man proto (Thanks to Al :))

Atari 2600:

Quadrun

Glib

Mangia

Shuttle Orbiter

Death Trap

Silver Label Gravitar

Missile Command TB (Thanks Atariage!)

Congo Bongo box

5 or 6 Sears titles I needed

40 or so 2600 instructions I needed. This itself is unbelievable since I have nearly 400 unique US released instruction manuals. I guess I was the only one hunting down manuals on Saturday... Got some nice ones including Space Shuttle, Cosmic Swarm, and Steeplechase.

NES

Snow Brothers w/instructons

Genesis

Arcade's Greatest Hits (complete)

Bret Hull Hockey '95 prototype

Vectrex:

Sean Kelly Multicart

Man, I'm so surprised that a lot of people found copies of Jawbreaker. That was one title for 2600 I was sure I would be able to find in Philly for a decent price! I am also surprised I couldn't track down a waterworld either. Oh well, there's always Cincyclassic...

MattG.

Man, I'm so surprised that a lot of people found copies of Jawbreaker.

I was looking for Jawbreaker too but couldn't find one at (what I felt was) a decent price. I ended up getting a Brazilian version in a 4 carts for $20 deal from ianoid to hold me over until I do get a US one.

This whole getting sick at PC4 is really bizarre b/c my girlfriend became sick shortly thereafter and she was only there on Sunday, when I played a round of Track and Field with Tempest...

Perhaps it was the arcade game.

My purchases were mainly new stuff, and I totalled $320 for the weekend, which I was really proud of b/c I think most of us could have dropped $1k but I did not.

My favorite purchase was a complete Wing War for the Atari 2600.

All told I spent between $600-$800 (cash purchases + credit card receipts) between the convention and the game stores at the mall. Eating expenses were actually very light since we had that kitchenette in our suite, so we mostly "ate at home" the whole time except for Friday night's free hot dogs and beer and a lousy cheesesteak the next day (next time, I'm going to Gino's in Philly for the real thing).